F*CK YAAAAAAAAA SLAYER RULED! I hadnt seen them since I was 13 (im 18 now) and they were amazing (again). Raining blood was SOOO INTENSE, Kerry King is one of the nuttiest soloists ever! Their new stuff sounded awesome live, still sounds like good old slayer! They had 2 stacks of amps in the shape of upside down crosses (With 11 marshall amps in each cross!)!!!

Bodom and lamb of god were f*cking epic too, and I hadnt heard much of mastodon but theyre trippy metal! unfortunately i missed part of Thing eyes Bleeds set but w/e
Quote by Rapid_Fire
They had 2 stacks of amps in the shape of upside down crosses (With 11 marshall amps in each cross!)!!!

No, they didn't. Those are just dummy cabs.

Wow, people are ignorant.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Jeff Hanneman will always remain the best guitarist in the world.

Kerry King is boring, his solos don't compare to Jeff's.
Oh, is it already time for everyone to hop back on the "Bash Kerry King, he sucks" bandwagon again?

Seems a bit early, but whatever.

Quote by Magero
I like slayer, but i hate the solos. I'm hopefully gonna see them when they're in england with in flames
Quote by Spynal
Oh, is it already time for everyone to hop back on the "Bash Kerry King, he sucks" bandwagon again?

Seems a bit early, but whatever.

My thoughts exactly.

He's not that fucking bad! He's not even bad in the first place!!
Yeah, same thing as Yngwie did with the cabs too. I was talking to one of my guitar teachers (the roadie for Yngwie's concert) and he was telling me how every one of those cabs but 1 or 2 were completely empty.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by SG thrasher
He's substantially better, purly because he has hair.

Quite a bold statement from someone who's band looks like they'd be best suited to playing Strokes covers.

Quote by Magero
Haha, we were born the same day, threadstarter

It's cool that you saw Slayer, but as said before, the thrash thread is your friend
Quote by SG thrasher
Come again Mr. Sypnal.

Let me translate, since you lack the comprehension skills required:

You're bashing Kerry King on his haircut when your band looks like faggots.

Quote by Magero
why did kerry cut his hair anyway? he looks wierd and bald :P

I dont think kerry sucks. Hes great but hanneman is better
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
Maybe he dident want long hair?

BUT... one of the 101 rules of metal.

Hair must be below the shoulders, or completely shaved off. No inbetweens.

So yeah.

xD

And he isnt that bad of a guitarist, when you're all better than him, then you can call him crap.
^Exactly. Anyone who knocks King's soloing is knocking 90% of the death metal solos out there.
Lol, I can't stand Kerry King. Hanneman's cool though. I hate to be jumped in with the King bashers, but it is pretty bad. ^^The DM solos you're referring to are pretty suck too, but I think people bash Kerry more because there's alot of metal noobs/slayer people that actually say he's good. I have to say..they fit the songs though, lol. I don't mind them that much most of the time because of that, but on his own, the solos are pretty bad.
Quote by nonickname
why did kerry cut his hair anyway? he looks wierd and bald :P

I think he was actually going bald so instead of having it fall off little by little, he shaved it all off.
Quote by Rock-god

So yeah.

xD

Tell that to Muhammed Suicmez.
Quote by Rock-god

Hair must be below the shoulders, or completely shaved off

NO. Wrong
Quote by Rock-god

So yeah.

xD

And he isnt that bad of a guitarist, when you're all better than him, then you can call him crap.

Jeff Waters.
Quote by Rock-god
Stupidest, most over-used logic of ALL TIME.
Quote by Rock-god

So yeah.

xD

John Petrucci?
Quote by Rock-god

im allowed to judge regardless...

...ur ****ing retarded... i mean i suck at singing but that doesn't mean i can't judge singing...

that would be like saying that none of the judges on american idol are allowed to judge cuz none of them can sing (american idol sucks btw im just giving an example)

and i personally dont like kerry king because he does not know what the definition of melody is... but i like slayer as a whole

and hanneman actually uses melody in some of his solos so hes ok
Quote by Mr. President
John Petrucci?

Looks funny as hell without his long hair.

It's hilarious because its coupled with the look of "I'm better than you." on his face.
This Is To All You ****ers That Say Kerry King Sucks, You Should Go Blow Your ****ing Brains Out You God Damn Posers. The Reason Kerry King Is Bald Is He Started To Lose His Hair, So He Decided To Start Shaving It. What You Faggots Want Him To Wear A ****ing Wig?! The Combo Of Jeff And Kerry Is Probably The Greatest Combo Of All ****ing Time! There Are Other Great Combos, But I Know Most Of You Will Have Never Have Heard Of Them!
Quote by evildeadmisfit
This Is To All You ****ers That Say Kerry King Sucks, You Should Go Blow Your ****ing Brains Out You God Damn Posers. The Reason Kerry King Is Bald Is He Started To Lose His Hair, So He Decided To Start Shaving It. What You Faggots Want Him To Wear A ****ing Wig?! The Combo Of Jeff And Kerry Is Probably The Greatest Combo Of All ****ing Time! There Are Other Great Combos, But I Know Most Of You Will Have Never Have Heard Of Them!

Quote by Rock-god

What if it's both, at the same time? Does that make me the single most metal motherfucker, ever?

Quote by Magero
Last edited by Spynal at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by evildeadmisfit

metal forum n00b ftw
Quote by Spynal
What if it's both, at the same time? Does that make me the single most metal motherfucker, ever?

No it just makes you.... Spynal....
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by beadhangingOne
how intense was the moshing?

It wasn't really that great, very tame pit.
Don't be derivative. Explore...