Page 1 of 2
MILAN, 14 July 2006 - Sentences announced at 9 p.m.:

JUVENTUS - 2004-2005, 2005-2006 Scudetti (championships) taken off. Relegation to Serie B, with a 30 point penalty.

MILAN - Stays in Serie A with 15 point penalty and unable to take part in Champion's League. One year inhibition period. Leonardo Meani inhibition of 3 and a half years.

FIORENTINA - Relegation to Serie B with 12 point penalty. Andrea Della Valle (presidente) 3 year inhibtions. Diego Della Valle 4 years. Sandro Mencucci inibizione 3 and a half years.

LAZIO - In Serie B, 7 point penalty. Claudio Lotito 3 years inhibition.
DIRIGENTI FIGC - Franco Carraro (presidente) 4 and a a half years. Innocenzo Mazzini 5 years.

So, for 2006/7 season.. Juventus (-30), Fiorentina (-12) and Lazio (-7) in B. Milan in A (-9) and no Europe. Juve have refused to sell any players.

Thoughts? Me being a HUGE Juve fan, being from Turin, am happy that we haven't ended up in Serie C. Not so happy about the chamopionships being taken off- which might mean any goal, clean sheet etc statistics during those may not count. But as long as we have Del Piero, I'm happy.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

This is the first I've heard about this. They actually fixed the matches?
Moggi, ex-Juve president, had a number of referees in his hands. After suspicions of it, his phone was tapped and was found to have been phoning the refereeing officials to demand that he choose which referees referee certain matches. I'm sure there's a lot more, but that's the main point. Oh, and Lazio, Fiorentina and Milan were also involved.

Quote by mikb
This is the first I've heard about this. They actually fixed the matches?

no, they got relegated for handing out lolly pops.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Sticky Tissue: King of Threads.

Seriously, 99% of your threads are awesome.

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

give 'em a lick... you know you want to

Champion of the 2005 UG paints competition
sponj, you timed that comment very, very well .

Vieira you never should have left us .

no, they got relegated for handing out lolly pops.

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Child In Time

Thoughts? Me being a HUGE Juve fan, being from Turin, am happy that we haven't ended up in Serie C. Not so happy about the chamopionships being taken off- which might mean any goal, clean sheet etc statistics during those may not count. But as long as we have Del Piero, I'm happy.

surely they can't do that. think about what luca toni achieved last season. he was the first man to score over 30 goals in over 40 years wan't it?

imagine if they took that away from him.
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

screw the italians. They cry because of an old old match of them losing to korea and accusing them of fixing it. Theyre ****ing hypocrites who fix their own matches like any other team. screw football. wont even bother watching a bull**** sport.
How can you keep your pride as a Juve fan when you know that more or less every single game you've won the last 2 years have been fixed...
Shame on you...
Hate you!
Quote by ctb

hey, you have a dancing corn on the cob avatar and you come from hertfordshire. i also come from hertfordshire. for those two reasons i now like you!
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

Quote by Izz
How can you keep your pride as a Juve fan when you know that more or less every single game you've won the last 2 years have been fixed...
Shame on you...
Hate you!

I have pride in the players who showed skill in playing as a team, not for the ex-president. And I have a place in my heart for my birthplace.

Quote by sunshineshankar
screw the italians. They cry because of an old old match of them losing to korea and accusing them of fixing it. Theyre ****ing hypocrites who fix their own matches like any other team. screw football. wont even bother watching a bull**** sport

Korea did fix the matches, and that was nothing to do with Juve, Lazio, Milan or Fiorentina. And it's not the Italian national that's under scrutiny for match fixing. If you don't like football, why are you posting here?

Quote by Child In Time
Korea did fix the matches, and that was nothing to do with Juve, Lazio, Milan or Fiorentina. And it's not the Italian national that's under scrutiny for match fixing. If you don't like football, why are you posting here?

I don't think that's ever been proven. I think the Italians were a bit unhappy they got owned by such a crappy country.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
I don't think that's ever been proven. I think the Italians were a bit unhappy they got owned by such a crappy country.

anyone watching that game or the south korea against spain game knows it was a fix. even you meths, and you love to disagree!

Quote by Izz
Shame on you...
Hate you!

that's not true though. they don't pay off the goal keeper so they let shots in. they only pay off the ref so decisions go their way. even with the ref on your side you still have to be a great team to win the league against teams like ac milan, inter milan, roma etc
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

Quote by sticky tissue
anyone watching that game or the south korea against spain game knows it was a fix. even you meths, and you love to disagree!

I haven't actually seen the whole game.

that's not true though. they don't pay off the goal keeper so they let shots in. they only pay off the ref so decisions go their way.

Since you cited the S. Korea vs Spain game you should know how important refereeing decisions can be to the outcome of a game.

even with the ref on your side you still have to be a great team to win the league against teams like ac milan, inter milan, roma etc

South Korea aren't exactly great and they beat Spain (who are pretty damn good) with a friendly referee. If you get a couple of good decisions you can beat anybody.

Oscar Wilde
My favourite part of this whole scandal is the bit about how Moggi was upset with the way one referee reffed a game Juve lost, so he locked the ref in his dressing room. I mean, honestlym how childish can you get?
Quote by Meths
I haven't actually seen the whole game.

Since you cited the S. Korea vs Spain game you should know how important refereeing decisions can be to the outcome of a game.

South Korea aren't exactly great and they beat Spain (who are pretty damn good) with a friendly referee. If you get a couple of good decisions you can beat anybody.

You talk bull****... I guess you haven't seen South Korea play, they're good no doubt. And Spain never succed in bigger events so why does it have to be ref that gave the win to korea. Just shut it you
You know who's really happy right now?

Inter lol

They are going to be champions real easily this year, they'll have 15 points more than AC Milan, and have obviously the best team out of the rest.

The transfers with all the relegeted teams' players is going ti be interesting...
I think Milan will keep their squad cos they are still in Serie A, but the whole Juve squad, plus Luca Toni, are very interesting purchases.

Although I hope Trezeguet staysin Juve that idiot.
Quote by scoob666
My favourite part of this whole scandal is the bit about how Moggi was upset with the way one referee reffed a game Juve lost, so he locked the ref in his dressing room. I mean, honestlym how childish can you get?

that ref should of gouged his eyeballs out
Quote by Anty 7

The transfers with all the relegeted teams' players is going ti be interesting...
I think Milan will keep their squad cos they are still in Serie A, but the whole Juve squad, plus Luca Toni, are very interesting purchases.

Although I hope Trezeguet staysin Juve that idiot.

Juve have stated they refuse to sell any players, if that is the case then they'll just loan them out....but I dunno.

Quote by sunshineshankar
that ref should of gouged his eyeballs out

He couldn't; he was locked in a dressing room...

Quote by Child In Time
Juve have stated they refuse to sell any players, if that is the case then they'll just loan them out....but I dunno.

I highly doubt it; they need to make up the £50million or so they've lost some way or another
Last edited by scoob666 at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by scoob666
I highly doubt it; they need to make up the £50million or so they've lost some way or another

Yeah, it's either lose players or money... I'll be sad to see Buffon, Cannavaro, Zambrotta and Trezeguet go.

And I doubt the majority of their players would want to play in the lower Serie.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
And I doubt the majority of their players would want to play in the lower Serie.

Well, if they're getting the same wages (which is quite unlikely) and playing teams of a considerably lower quality than Serie A opponents, surely they would stay for it.

Quote by Izz
Shame on you...
Hate you!

They were hardly fixed mate, all they did was ask for a specific referee, as far as i'm aware, the feferee was not told to influence the match.
Need.New.Sig.
Quote by Child In Time
Well, if they're getting the same wages (which is quite unlikely) and playing teams of a considerably lower quality than Serie A opponents, surely they would stay for it.

But the point is that they won't be able to afford the big players' wages.

Quote by slash_620
They were hardly fixed mate, all they did was ask for a specific referee, as far as i'm aware, the feferee was not told to influence the match.

Er, I really think they were fixed, considering that's what they've all been found guilty of.
i'm sure juve would still be able to pay the big players wages. they have loads of people that are willing to put alot of money into them, especially if it means keeping their top players.

if they don't want to play a lower standard of football though, they should just loan them out until they are back in Serie A
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

Quote by sticky tissue
i'm sure juve would still be able to pay the big players wages. they have loads of people that are willing to put alot of money into them, especially if it means keeping their top players.

if they don't want to play a lower standard of football though, they should just loan them out until they are back in Serie A

They're losing one third of all sponsorship deals, which is a hell of a lot and I'm quite sure they'll have reparations to pay. They won't be back in Serie A for another three years probably, that's a long time to be loaned out.

that is, but i think they will be back before then. it's the might juventus remember. very few teams in the history have achieved more than them.

what do you think the odds for them being on top of the world with the champions league and league title in their hands in 5 years time?
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

LOL i wanna see Juve's first game against a serie B team. That would be fun. Pure Pwnage.
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
yeah. they will probably set a new record for most goals scored in a season in serie b
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

Yea and buffon will have probably 3 goals against. All being own goals.
Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Pile on many more layers and I'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
sail on the steel breeze.
no
Quote by Smokey Amp

O0o__l _ l
_\_______)

Quote by Dookie92
At least they still have Buffon.

He will go at the end of the season for about 30m to stop them going into debt
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
Championship Manager next season...

Serie B, Juve, start off with -30 points.
No good players left (they'll leave, just you watch)

Can't wait!!

Championship manager ftw!
Page 1 of 2