Ok, I can pick as fast as most people. But when it comes to picking fast while switching strings (mainly the top 3 strings) I run into trouble. Any advice?
Practice Practice Practice...what kinda music you play thats fast?? See I play metal, mostly like lamb of god and **** and their stuff tends to be pretty damn fast. Honestly you just got to practice, but for some instant advice practice the string changes slowly and then steadily increase the pace.
"The tragic partake of this torment, convincing myself again. This god that I worship, this demon I blame, conspire as one exactly the same it's exactly the same." Lamb of God
I practiced string changes with pull harder by trivium, and some song by bullet for my valentine. They're pretty good practice if you like them
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
String skipping is a pain to learn, but it is well worth it. Just practice slowly.

String Skipping Lesson

Ah Ah see I told you...
"The tragic partake of this torment, convincing myself again. This god that I worship, this demon I blame, conspire as one exactly the same it's exactly the same." Lamb of God