I recently removed some stickers from my guitar an they left their 'stickiness' on it. I was just wondering what the best way of removing it is.
Thanks in advance.
water
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
I will never understand why people put stickers on their nice guitars. If it's a hunk of junk then whatever, but c'mon...

And use water I guess.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
that uh goo off stuff is good
Schecter Custom-4 Diamond Series
Gibson SG
Gibson ES-175
72' Fender Telecaster Custom w/white pick guard and Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck Humbucker
Gibson Les Paul Junior

(selling the ES 175 on ebay message me for details)
You can buy some of that "goo-gone" stuff. But i'm sure water and a good scrubbing will do the same thing.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
theres this stuff called goo-gone but idk if it would mess up your finish
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
I will never understand why people put stickers on their nice guitars. If it's a hunk of junk then whatever, but c'mon...

i agree
Schecter Custom-4 Diamond Series
Gibson SG
Gibson ES-175
72' Fender Telecaster Custom w/white pick guard and Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck Humbucker
Gibson Les Paul Junior

(selling the ES 175 on ebay message me for details)
yeah, i had the same problem

what you need is a cleaner with alcohol, or petroleum distallate.

so if you have fretboard cleaner like lem-oil, that takes it off straight away, but if you have a matte finish it may damage it? i'm not sure with that one.

but i have a gloss finish, and its not the most of expensive of guitars.

but yeah, lem-oil will take it straight off, no problems. wonder stuff.

and as for the issue of putting stickers on guitars, some people do it because it adds an element of individuality to your own guitar. You may feel a guitar should be kept in perfect condition, some people thing a guitar looks better used and abused, covered in sticker, or whatever.
I heard that WD-40 can remove sticker glue as well. But Im not sure what that'd do to the guitar.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
try to use some kind of rubbing alcohol, dont use goo gone or any off that because if will probly eat the finish on the guitar away, try water first though./
rubbing alcohol will kill your finish, gasoline(petrol) should work pretty well.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i use lighter fluid personally, but yeah that goo-gone stuff may or may not damage your finnish. I would suggest water.
also, if theres alot, a hair drier will heat up and remove most stickers. again anything u use, in moderation. no reason to screw up the paint.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I had a pricetag sticker that i took of using... spray deoderant. I don't know why I tried it but it worked really well. And smelled nice.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!