At an overall rating, dealing with quality, sound, playability, features and specifications etc. I was wondering what the top les pauls are. Now I know that some les pauls are meant for different kinds of stuff, but I'm just wondering overall, what are some of the best. Like you wouldn't mix in an epiphone junior or something alongside a gibson standard.

And let's not count les pauls made years and years and years ago, I'm talking about the les pauls of today.

Personally I think a few of the best models are the Custom 1957 Les Paul, the Les Paul Custom, and the Les Paul Supreme.
i have a '57 black beauty reissue and its amazing.. also, i gotta go with one of the originals; the LP Standard is a fine piece of work, imo
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I played some studios and standards the other day and was horrified, partly why I'm asking.
I really do loathe the supremes, WAAAY too decadent. I'm rather fond of the Classics, even though they're not by any means top of the line.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I've got a classic, and I love it to death. 60s neck = superior

Although I wouldn't mind a '59 or '58... for an extra what, like 2 grand?
Looking for my India/Django.
never played one but if i had to choose one id say supremes were the best from what ive heard/seen

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

i've got a Gibson LP standard in the 50's neck and i freakin' love that guitar.

though i played the black beauty reissue that was mentioned above and LOVED that one too. but, it's like...$4000
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy

though i played the black beauty reissue that was mentioned above and LOVED that one too. but, it's like...$4000

not if u find a used one

i found mine in mint condition, with the exception of a faint acratch on the back of the neck, for $2300

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
not if u find a used one

i found mine in mint condition, with the exception of a faint acratch on the back of the neck, for $2300

don't ever let me find you, because i will murder you. you might want to occasionally duck throughout the day, too, for no reason
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
don't ever let me find you, because i will murder you. you might want to occasionally duck throughout the day, too, for no reason

?

Quote by richwatkinson
I'm sad to see no customs being mentioned! My favorite and main guitar! Easiest to play for me, and for some reason i have trouble playing on rosewood fretboards, it feels weird, which is why i love the ebony on mine.

Edit: Seriously, i respect my custom more and more everytime I visit GC and play other guitars that don't even compare, even in the gibson line.
Last edited by ibanezzer at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by ibanezzer
I'm sad to see no customs being mentioned! My favorite and main guitar! Easiest to play for me, and for some reason i have trouble playing on rosewood fretboards, it feels weird, which is why i love the ebony on mine.

Edit: Seriously, i respect my custom more and more everytime I visit GC and play other guitars that don't even compare, even in the gibson line.

agreed, to both of those statements

Quote by richwatkinson
my personall preference would be a standard double cut. But LP customs are really nice too.
I tried a Custom and Supreme in a shop a few weeks ago.

The Supreme was a very very sad guitar for the $3000 pricetag.
The Custom is also a very average guitar. Neither has anywhere close to the
feel of my Gibson L5Ss both of which cost me less.

True insanity is paying like $6000 for the Joe Perry LP.

Probably the best LPs are in the $2000 range because none of them a really worth
any more at best.