Just worked all this song out, made a drum track, and recorded it. I also added some improv lead stuff on there which I'd also like to hear some crits on. I only started properly practicinng my speed on wednesday, and I think I've fair bit of process so far.

Killswitch Engage - This Fire Burns - http://juzcook.dmusic.com/

Thanks in advance
Last edited by juzcook at Jul 14, 2006,
wow. i've never actually heard the song, but i'm downloading it as i type. this sounds so sick. i'm looking forward to hearing the actual song. your cover is amazing. oh and i wasn't sure which part you improved on but after i listen to the real version i'll listen to yours again and get back to you with that.

oh and thanks for explaining your setup. i wish i had a mac. haha.

edit: i just had a cool thought... would you mind if i did vocals over it? everyone seems to say i'm awesome at screaming. as soon as i learn it i'll record them if it's cool with you.
Last edited by ironman316 at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by ironman316
wow. i've never actually heard the song, but i'm downloading it as i type. this sounds so sick. i'm looking forward to hearing the actual song. your cover is amazing. oh and i wasn't sure which part you improved on but after i listen to the real version i'll listen to yours again and get back to you with that.

oh and thanks for explaining your setup. i wish i had a mac. haha.

edit: i just had a cool thought... would you mind if i did vocals over it? everyone seems to say i'm awesome at screaming. as soon as i learn it i'll record them if it's cool with you.

thanks man, not many ppl have heard it when u ask around about it hehe, and go for it, id like to hear someone add vocals
Sweeet KSE cover man. Do you have a tab??? The improv was quite good, not KSE style but very very good sounding.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (jb/jazz)
Peavey Studio Pro 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Monster Cables
Line 6 PODXT Live
Last edited by COBTRI at Jul 15, 2006,
Haha, pretty good for writing it all out by yourself.

It's true, not many people have heard (nor heard of) this song. But it's not like it's hard to find...

I still remember the day I found this song cuz I heard it with their cover of Holy Diver.

As for the lead improvs, they weren't that bad. But obviously, having heard the song prior to your cover, they sounded out of place. But again, not THAT bad.

You did a really good job on this, man. With the guitars and the backing tracks.

It's nice to see some people who can pull off a good cover! Ha, if you read most of my other posts (about a month or 2 back, when I was forum-active), I can be quite the harsh critic.

Keep up the good work.
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell Abbott
(8/20/66 - 12/8/04)
::
listening to your cover as i type. this is an awesome song by KsE. i like your pinch harmonics, nice dark sounding. that solo you added in was pretty awesome. overall this is a very good cover I may learn this song and cover it myself. good job!