I have NO software for recording anything onto my computer, plus I dunno where to even go to buy any. Any suggestions on where to buy, and what which program would be best?
well, if you want some decent quality sound you will need an audio interface, as well as a recording program like audacity...or you could just get an adapter to connect your guitar straight into your computer (provided you have a decent soundcard) but it won't sound as good
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
well pro tools id say is the best...but you need to know how to use it and you do need some equipment also..
I live in north Texas

I play basketball

I play guitar and sing

I like all types of music

I am open to new music

thats prety much all you need to know
How much would the audio interface and program cost? I'm on a bit of a tight budget, so yeah... hehe. I basically just want somethin I can use to record my music and copy it onto cd's. I've got friends that enjoy hearing me play, but i can't play for them all the time, hehe. I don't really mind if if doesn't sound as good, so if the adapter would be worth the price, I'll go for that instead.
ok well, the interface runs around $200 with the program and the whole 9 yards...i couldn't even afford that, i'll wait before recording

as for the adapter, it runs between $4 and $20, but i wouldn't necessarily take a chance with that unless you have a top-of-the-line computer
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Ick... I don't like the looks of that "$200", lol... I guess I'll hafta wait on the recordings, hehe.
my thoughts exactly
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!