what wood gives you the best sound
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

there is no best wood it depends on what tone you want
Alder balanced tone (used alot in strats)
basswood very midsy (think shred)
mahogany very bassy but still good
Swamp ash is similar to alder
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
particle board in my opinion...

....mahogany maybe?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
i prefer mahogany
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
im putting a 59' pup and an invader pup in my guitar and i have a mahogany body and a mahgoany/rosewood fretboard

would that give a good sound or bad sound
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

that would sound decent i guess, i personnaly hate invader pickups and think they sound like ****, but if you like that supper noisy high gain sound i guess theyll sound nice. It wont sound horribly bad by any means.
no invader it is crap , get a jazz or jb
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
ok thanx

Hellsing Organization

Quote by isan
no invader it is crap , get a jazz or jb

well im a metal guitarist so i think ill like the invader but if you suggest a different pup then im all ears

Hellsing Organization

It's sound will be perfectly fine. Trust me the importance of wood is very exagerrated. I find a bigger difference in fretboard wood and electronics than body wood.
i had an invader in a guitar i bought. only thing i liked about the invader was the pinch harmonics it produced. but if you want a good pup that will do more than metal, then the custom custom. the 59 paired with that is an excellent combination
Quote by chunkybrotha
i had an invader in a guitar i bought. only thing i liked about the invader was the pinch harmonics it produced. but if you want a good pup that will do more than metal, then the custom custom. the 59 paired with that is an excellent combination

seymour duncun makes it?

Hellsing Organization

stick with the invader!
people are idiots
the thing is goddamn built for full on distortion and gain!
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
wtf dude we have our own opinions so stfu!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by Chaos Guitar
well im a metal guitarist so i think ill like the invader but if you suggest a different pup then im all ears

Duncan Distortion is good.
I have one in my Jackson, good for metal
ok thanks

Hellsing Organization

Quote by Ih8AraBs
lp with sum emg's

i wouldnt want EMGs in my LP.. but then again i suppose thats a personal preference

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
here for al the wood descriptions you would need: http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

read it, all of it, and i'd suggest jazz and jb duncans, or emg 81 and 85
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Hey would it be possible to have a solid body made out of cocobolo?
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.