So i totally love this band
MYSPACEEEEE
I currently own

Set Yourself on Fire

Nightsongs

and

Heart

so yeahh what do you guys think?

EDIT: I might as well give you a list of some songs by them you should check out seeing as how i have nothing else to do

"Counting Stars on the Ceiling"
"My Radio (AM Mix)"
"International Rock Star"
"Set Yourself On Fire"
"What I'm Trying to Say"
Last edited by China Groove at Jul 14, 2006,
Set Yourself on Fire is like, like, like, my favorite record of all time!! Heart is okay too.
"your ex lover is dead" is hands down one of my favorite songs. I can't express my love for that song i words. wow.
u missed when time and life shook hands and said good bye./

/so long.
/
I can't think of a way to describe my thoughts about the band without coming across a complete wanker, so I'll keep it simple; they're alright, nothing amazing though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Ah, this band.

They're so quaint, with such beautiful subtleties to their music.. and the only way to describe them is by using really pretentious words that don't really do them justice

<3
I thought Stars was the name of a band Syd Barrett formed after leaving Pink Floyd? They never released anything as such and the record companies are holding back their music because it "wouldn't add anything to Syd's legacy".
Quote by FreedomFighter
I thought Stars was the name of a band Syd Barrett formed after leaving Pink Floyd? They never released anything as such and the record companies are holding back their music because it "wouldn't add anything to Syd's legacy".

That may be so.. but I think everyone was referring to the Canadian band on the arts and crafts label
They're one of my favourite bands. I've seen them live three times and I own Set Yourself on Fire and Heart. Both are amazing records, although Heart is a little weaker in places. I think the reason I like them so much is because their music is so overly romantic it's wonderful.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
They're one of my favourite bands. I've seen them live three times and I own Set Yourself on Fire and Heart. Both are amazing records, although Heart is a little weaker in places. I think the reason I like them so much is because their music is so overly romantic it's wonderful.

They're one of my favourites too. They'd go in a wrestling match for my second favourite band along with Bright Eyes, Sigur Ros and Say Hi To Your Mom. They'd probably win aswell.

..and about them being overly romantic.. it's spot on.

The intro to "What The Snowman Learned About Love" sums up the band and all of their music, I think.
I got some tracks from this group just because you guys where praising the band. I liked it very much. I like how a lot of their songs where in a major key. It was interesting to jam over their songs. Anywho, to me it sounds like a mix Death Cab For Cutie and Straylight Run.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
Yeah, I have to agree that the band have a very romantic sound to them. Set Yourself On Fire and Heart are both solid albums, and they're really good live. Amy, Torque, and Evan are all in Broken Social Scene as well, which is a band you should check out if you haven't already.
http://www.arts-crafts.ca/bss/
The whole Arts & Crafts label is pretty good actually.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Last edited by trev_smith12 at Jul 17, 2006,
i have the set yourself on fire album. and it's fantastic. i haven't listened to it ni a while actually. *goes and puts on*
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Quote by drlazmeister
They're so quaint, with such beautiful subtleties to their music.. and the only way to describe them is by using really pretentious words that don't really do them justice

You took the words right out of my mouth.
I like them.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam