Page 1 of 2
Since there have been a lot of cover contests lately, and I know Black Sabbath is a fairly popular band to cover, I decided to start a Black Sabbath cover contest. I searched and didn't see one that already was going, so here we go.

Rules
  • You may only enter one song
  • You can change, remove, or add songs all the way up until the end of the contest
  • Vocals are not required
  • The covers will be judged based on how well the sound compared to the original (however, putting in some originality never hurts).

I will judge, but I will also need three others to do so as well.

The contest ends at 12:01 AM July 30, US Central Time

Current Entries
Juzcook - Hole in the Sky
ilovethe70s - War Pigs
Sanity - Paranoid
psychodelia - Behind the Wall of Sleep or Tomorrow's Dream

Judges
pearlJam_31490
punkMETALskater
PreventThis
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Last edited by ChrisL2003 at Jul 20, 2006,
Put me down for Hole in the sky, haven't learnt it yet, but I'll see how I go with originality

I'll admit that there are WAY too many cover contests up at the moment, this seems a worthwhile one.
^^^ I know, there are a lot. A just figured since a lot of people like Sabbath, ya know...
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Bump. Come on, there has to be more interest in this.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
I'll judge.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
ill judge,since im not great at solos,and alot of their songs have them...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
Okay, that's all the judges, then. Hopefully more people start doing stuff.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll kick it up to the 30th.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
When I find something I can sing, I might...

My first choice would be Behind the Wall of Sleep, and my second would probably be Tomorrow's Dream. If I am unable to do it I'll post back.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Crazy Train wouldnt be considered Black Sabbath would it?

No. I'd do one, but the following prevents me from doing so:

A.) Not enough time

B.) No drummer/singer

C.) Lack of time
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
just let him do crazy train so we have more people. We would get more people if it was a ozzy/black sabbath cover contest. cause so far we only have 4
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
i should have entered lol if it was a ozzy/sabbath contest i would have attempted Mr.Crowley. ill just be a jude since there are only 3 days left.
Put Me Down For N.i.b.!!!!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Guys try and get these uploaded soon plz? I'm very interested to hear what you all layed out. ll i can really do in N.I.B. is the solo... The song "Black Sabbath" isn't exactly impressive till the verses end (although the solo rocked harder than the entire album in my opinion ).
wish i had something to record with...
"Life ends so fast, so take your chance, and make it last."
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
if i had a drummer/drum track id try Hand of Doom i cant find good Sabbath tracks anywhere though
ill judge if you need another one haha can't wait to hear some of these
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Only in America can a young black boy become an old white lady.

Co Founder of the "I hate Chuck Norris" Club. PM me or ibanezplayer27 to join
are more than one person allowed to do a cover of a specific song? if so put me down for paranoid
Phew.... managed to finish it in time. Here it is: Behind the Wall of Sleep.

The solo is improvised, not my best but I was a little squeezed for time. I tried to do the vocals as much justice as I could, lol.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Heres mine.

http://media.putfile.com/Crazy-Train-Metal-Jam

Crazy Train (My Version) The threadstarter hasnt been on to tell me I can do it, but whatever I entered with it.
Quote by DiGiTaLiS
are more than one person allowed to do a cover of a specific song? if so put me down for paranoid

im not the threadstarter but we need as many volunteers as possible so yea u can enter unless the threadstarter tells u other wise.
had a feeling this contest would just kinda burn out o well.
I'll do Embryo
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
I'll do Embryo

The contest ends today? Unless there's an extension.
Oh damn, I didn't realize what day it was. My computer said the 27th for some reason ....... Sorry
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I wish there was more time though, I'd love to hear like ten entries.
Page 1 of 2