im wanting to put my white pickguard back on but im not to sure how I take of the tone,volume,and pickup selector knobs.

can anyone tell me how I would take these knobs off ?

thanks!~
for the volume and tone knobs, just take a pry them off using a flathead screwdriver, and i think the same with the pickup selecter.
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
ask them to get off........but really, do what he said
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
lol wut i did is a got a credit card or any card like tht i guess pushed it under the knob twisted the knob and tht loosend it then with a lil force i popped it off not sure bout the pickup selector
u just push them back on. but make sure u got them lined up right, my friend didnt line them up and when the vol. was rly on 10 the knob was on 5 lol
u line up the max volume and push them back on right side up.

and an easy way to get off a Stuck knob is to sling shot them off, wedge a thin sock under the knob, pull up, and shoot the knob off.

a stuck pup selector, make sure u towel wrap it and work it a little back and forth to ease it off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lol ok so what would be a good way to line them up correctly ?
and for the pickup selector I'd sorta like a definete answer so I dont rape my strat again.
so wrap a towel around the pick up seclector, pull, then it will start to slowly ease off??
and then for the volume,tone knobs have lets say 10 pointing at the screw next to it (buttom screw of the 3rd pickup) then have them all at that sorta of angle.
i added, a line at the end of my post.

if the switch is stuck try a dish little soap under the cap with a toothpick.
towel wrap it. thin paper towel, and back and forth, light motion. until it wiggles off.

for the caps, before u take them off, note how the volume is at max. look to see the angle the word is written and then return the caps with it at same angle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
to line them up directly i first get the volum knob i like to keep the 10 a lil offset from straight up so its easier to see when im playing. um first make sure u have the metal knob thingy twisted so its at max then put the 10 where ever ud like it so yeah and then just align the other knobs with it
for the knobs just get two pics and push them up i you know what i mean
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
im never ever doing this again lmfao ... I guess I did ok for my 1st time but damn getting thsoe screws in w/ these new pick up covers was a bitch.
YAH I know I took umm off the dumbass that overcharged tho for putting on the stuff screwed up nearly every screw whole and then chipped the incide of my guitar, but I've donr what I need to do and that was getting my pickguard on .. thanks for the help again.