specifically, ok computer( let down, electioneering, no surprises, lucky)
the bends (bulletproof...i wish i was)

i am using a gibson sg standard and a mim tele going through a hot rod deluxe. my main problem is, and perhaps this is due to my own shortcomings in learning how to effectively use the pod xt live, can i get radiohead sound/effects. hopefully their clean sound in no surprises, sustain in let down, that beautiful clean in bulletproof, and fierce attack in electioneering. I heard they use a dod envelope filter. I guess my question is can i achieve the variety in sounds that radiohead gets with my current rig

my setup

edit: my motivations behind this thread was to see if i should just sell my xt live and start from scratch with an actual pedal board of boss pedals instead of the multi fx unit.
Last edited by sirius11 at Jul 14, 2006,
Electioneering was played on a sitar. If you put a lot of reverb on a wah in the toe position with a fair bit of OD it sounds like it kindof.

No Surprises is a clean single coil neck pickup with a touch of reverb.

Pro Co Rats are a pretty good place to start when shooting for a Radiohead sound.
thanks for that jumpstart. since i do not use the pod for amp emulation, at least not now, i use it for effects, should i just get rid of it and build a pedal board?
Quote by sirius11
thanks for that jumpstart. since i do not use the pod for amp emulation, at least not now, i use it for effects, should i just get rid of it and build a pedal board?

I would
I'd say yes You've got much more control over all your effects like that (you can easily go and change the settings on anyone mid song, instead of having to fool around with patches and stuff)
im going to go to the guitar center today and see if they'll let me trade the pod for effects. hopefully i can get a proco rat 2, boss dd3 or dd6, and after that i don't know. maybe the electro harmonix poly chorus or small stone. i bet they won't have the dod 440, not even ebay has one. anyone have any ideas on how to go about aquiring a dod 440, like pawn shops?

oh, and i found this radical website when i was looking into constructing an effects board. awsm
Last edited by sirius11 at Jul 17, 2006,
You might want to take a look at the Electroharmonix Q-Tron for an envelope filter, you'll get some damn good envelope filter sounds out of it.