ive been learning how to play glasgow kiss by john petrucci and was wondering if the intro is alternate picking and if it is could someone give me some tips on how to alternate pick that cause i find it hard to
If you find the intro hard to play then I think you should quit learning the whole song :O
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
the rest of the song is easy lol, its just wierd to alternate pic that intro, maybe its just me
I haven't seen him play the song live so I'm not sure if it's alternate picking or not... but just pick it the way it feels more comfortable to you.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Google video has it just search g3 and go to the tokyo one.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
i find it easier to sweep pick that intro bit, but thats just me. you dont have to play it exactly like him, play it however u find it most comfortable.
yeah ive found that sweeping is the most comfortable way for me to do it... thanks guys, now i feel like an idiot cause i just found my g3 live in tokyo dvd thats been hiding from me
John never sweeps with slower passages like that. But we're not as godly as Petrucci is so sweeping is the best way to do it.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
I learned that intro with alternate picking, at first I thought it was easier sweeping but then I practieced the intro a lot with altarnete, once you practice enough u will find that its easier with alternate and sweeping is weird for the intro

U should practice more with alternate picking for the intro