I created a version in standanrd tuning, rather than in open g like it should be played.

Really testing my vocals. Basically, any Jeff Buckley song is hard to sing and play.

But I had a go.

Also, with the open tuning, and the 12-string Rickenbacker Jeff plays it with, you get a lot more sound. So I added some chours, delay and, of course, reverb.

http://www.myspace.com/theabandonments
Your guitar playing is fine...but your voice is way too gravelly to even attempt Jeff Buckley...he had a three and a half octave range and perfect intonation...you couldn't hit half the notes. Sorry, but I suggest sticking to guitar.
Actually, its four octaves.

And I never said I was trying to be excatly like him.
Quote by poopikins
Your guitar playing is fine...but your voice is way too gravelly to even attempt Jeff Buckley...he had a three and a half octave range and perfect intonation...you couldn't hit half the notes. Sorry, but I suggest sticking to guitar.

yeh this dude is right............best stick with guitar. If you dont have a good enough voice to do the cover justice then its best left alone. sorry but this is the way it is.
You've got balls to attempt vocals on this song. Keep practicising vox and maybe come back to it later. You could try double tracking the guitar in certain sections to make it sound thicker.
Thanks guys. Yes, I'm aware my vox are poo-poo.

Thanks Chainsaw.

I personally think, for its flaws, its not terrible. I really don't sing much, I play the guitar and the bass, my friends the singer. But you can't blame a bloke for trying.