Is there a correct way to hold it? For instance, I seem to be able to play faster while holding it between my thumb and index finger, but I seem to have more control with my thumb, index, and middle finger. When I go to play fast things with all three fingers it seems a little harder.

Should I work up speed with control, or should I teach myself to learn the thumb and index way? Will either hinder my playing in the future?

Thanks,

Reply soon,

Frank
my suggestion is use whatevers most comfortable for you, theres no right way to hold a pick, i think gene simmons held his with his thumb middle and ring finger, but if you feel comfortable with your thumb and index then use your thumb and index
Quote by Midnight_spooks
my suggestion is use whatevers most comfortable for you, theres no right way to hold a pick, i think gene simmons held his with his thumb middle and ring finger, but if you feel comfortable with your thumb and index then use your thumb and index

Word
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
Word

word to wut he sayd
Schecter Custom-4 Diamond Series
Gibson SG
Gibson ES-175
72' Fender Telecaster Custom w/white pick guard and Seymour Duncan Jeff Beck Humbucker
Gibson Les Paul Junior

(selling the ES 175 on ebay message me for details)
Please do a search - there are plenty of threads like this in Musician's Talk or the shred forum.