i play srv and john frusciante and their muting techniques are killing me. like rude mood and a few other songs.can anyone tell me a few exercises or songs which i can learn to improve on this.
Almost any Metallica or Megadeth
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
crazy train by sabbath and over my head by sum 41 is another good muting song...good for pratice anyway
would those really help with playing rude mood?
srv and frusciante uses left hand muting i believe. unlike randy on crazy train which is palm muting
Last edited by suckasucks at Jul 14, 2006,
Quote by suckasucks
would those really help with playing rude mood?
srv and frusciante uses left hand muting i believe. unlike randy on crazy train which is palm muting

my bad dude never new he was talking about left handed muting
like on "cant stop"?? like, you strum all the strings, but only one note rings out??
yeah that style. but something more useful than can't stop. need something more advanced than that. anyone?
Lightly touch the strings that are supposed to be muted
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ i know how to do it. i just need to know some exercises or songs to learn to help me.
Quote by suckasucks
^ i know how to do it. i just need to know some exercises or songs to learn to help me.

Just keep doing whatever is comfortable to you, and keep playing that one song John plays, that's practice, the more you do it, the better it'll sound.
oh yeah i know what kind of muting ya mean its funk...aloy of chili's songs have it so keep practicing that stuff man....cant stop is a good one