Page 1 of 2
Budget: 500-600 (Will go used)
Desired Sounds: Modern Rock, Pop Rock, Pop Punk, Punk Rock, Classic Rock, Light Metal (Think Bush, Institute)

Looking for an amp with very nice cleans and killer distortion, that can go from AC/DC Gain up to Bush. Probably going used no matter what, unless some company decides to have a close out and sell for half price like Peavey did with the XXX a few months back.
But a new XXX is still out of your price range
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
How about a Peavey Valveking? It's not an XXX, but I've heard they're nice amps for the price and they're all tube.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
They don't have much distortion though
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^An overdrive pedal should fix that. He could get the amp and a NICE overdrive pedal and still have cash left over.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yeah, the Traynor would be my choice.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
mesa f series?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking Traynor YCV50 Blue as well. It'll deffinately nail all those tones. Although, they go for about $750 new. But it's deffinately worth it. I have one, and for now, I swear by it.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
500-600 what? Pounds? Dollars? Yen???
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Going by dollars.

I was thinking YCV50 or JCM800. JCM would be more expensive, and I hear the YCV is the JCM with better cleans and a little more gain.

And, I found new YCV50s for 640 or 660, can't remember which. :P
Quote by sg-rocker173
And, I found new YCV50s for 640 or 660, can't remember which. :P

care to share the link?
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
i think someone should email MF nd let them know that that website can beat their prce so they lower it.

i tried to find it but couldnt

what would be better an AC30 or a Traynor Blue?
Quote by JET116
i think someone should email MF nd let them know that that website can beat their prce so they lower it.

i tried to find it but couldnt

what would be better an AC30 or a Traynor Blue?

I was actually wondering that myself, I dislike the AC model on my cube, but the recordings I've heard of them are very nice.

I hear Grohl used the AC30 for a lot of his earlier Foo songs, and I love Foo Fighters.
Yeah...well he could go AC15 because the 30 is out of his budget.

The blue is really nice though....

you'd be happy with either one. If you need more wattage then go with the Blue
AC's are nice for the rock stuff, but I have yet to hear them do a good metal tone.
Oh i missed that he wanted a metal tone.

Yeah go Traynor or maybe a Peavy (classic 30 and a speaker change maybe?)

the speaker change isnt necessary but youd have some extra cash and it could sound really nice
^ I don't want a heavy metal tone, just a beefed up modern rock sound. Like Bush. I don't know what you guys consider metal, there's so many different types of it that it's not even funny.

"Metal Rip 'N Grind Thrash XXX Core"

>_>

I hate the "tough" emo kids.
what do u use it for? do u need a 50W tube?

if i had the cash id probably get the traynor.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Vox may not have enough distortion even though you don't play metal.

Peavey should have more than enough distortion and good enough cleans. (but don't get the XXX or the valveking)

the traynor would be really nice too and i suggest you get a 40+ watt traynor tube (bc of the marshall like distortion and the fender like cleans)
EBAY!!

I got a marshall tsl 602 (Retail Price: $1,549.00) for $700 on ebay BRAND NEW!

look around on ebay man you will find some awesome deals. i suggest goofbay.com which searches for misspellings and stuff!
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
^Fender cleans are very nice, I'm a fan of them.

I'll be using it at band practice once a week, and in college... so the master vol on the YCV50 will be a huge plus for my dorm situation. :P

Is there a headphone jack that disables speaker output on the YCV50?
Quote by Mascot
AC's are nice for the rock stuff, but I have yet to hear them do a good metal tone.

i hear killswitch engage are gonna ditch the framus/H&K/Soldano/Flavour of the month for them next album...

I still say mesa f series. Or maybe a genz benz el diablo.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I personly love the AC30, its my kind of overdrive and cleans. Wont have one for a long time though.....
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by Dave_Mc
i hear killswitch engage are gonna ditch the framus/H&K/Soldano/Flavour of the month for them next album...

I still say mesa f series. Or maybe a genz benz el diablo.

I've heard soundclips of the Traynor, I like its tone.

Do you know of any Mesa F or Genz Benz clips?

Also, I hear the Mesa F series is very dark sounding... is that true?

I was considering a Mesa F for a while, I know Foo Fighters used them in the DOA video, and bands tend to use the amps they use in videos so...

Anyway.. Would it be able to do everything I want it to do?
The Traynor. Though be warned, you prolly wont think it's distortion is very tubey at first, but switch the tubes. The stock ones dont like breaking up very well..
dave:KSE stopped using framuses because they couldn't tour with them because they supposed couldn't find parts if they broke...

my vote goes toward a mesa F series
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by TimmyPage06
The Traynor. Though be warned, you prolly wont think it's distortion is very tubey at first, but switch the tubes. The stock ones dont like breaking up very well..

What tubes are recommended?

And, if I take it to a professional, how long will it take to replace them? Can it be done in 10-15 minutes or does it take a while?
check out the marshall JCM 2000 series (good for modern rock) or Orange AD series
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 602
Line 6 DL-4
Line 6 FM-4
Boss MT-2
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Limited
Electro Harmonix Small Stone
Quote by joel_grieve
dave:KSE stopped using framuses because they couldn't tour with them because they supposed couldn't find parts if they broke...

my vote goes toward a mesa F series

aye, I heard that too.

anyway, to answer the questions: yes the f-series is dark. So's the Genz benz (it's better though, IMO).

So yeah, try what you can.

I haven't been able to try the YCV50blue, but I tried the ycv20 and 40 yesterday, and they aren't really aimed at modern tones... from what I hear, the 50 is a bit more modern, but the GB and mesa would still be much better at modern tones, I'd have thought...

For clips: there are always some mesa f-series clips flying around on HC. and for genz benz clips, pm crunchmeister.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, +1 to Dave and Joel. The Mesa F-series and Genz Benz are great amps, but from Crunch's clips, I might go for the GB too. Crunchmeister has some really good clips. He changed the tubes from the stock ones, and it sounds great.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Just searched ebay for the El Diablo... Most of the amps are going for 1000+, that's a bit out of my price range..
Quote by JET116

great idea. but not me. im gonna be gone for 3 weeks
#64 in the Alter Bridge rocks club!

LTD MH-400
Line 6 Uber Metal
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Valveking 112
Page 1 of 2