I was pretty sure that there has been a thread like this and i searched for it but nothing like this came up so..........

Megadeth or Mettalica?

Megadeth

Vote
Last edited by preludetowar at Jul 15, 2006,
That's because theres no vs. threads, especially between these two bands.

Delete this thread.
Quote by Rakoro
That's because theres no vs. threads, especially between these two bands.

Delete this thread.

Why not??
You spelled Metallica wrong and there is no vs. threads

But I think 'tallica is better
Change is good.
because its a waste of time and accomplishes nothing...there was one of these the other day...but if i must pick...metallica
Go get your shovel.
I can't find where it says no vs threads, but I know it must apply here, unless I am getting this board mixed up with the megadeth boards, which I doubt.

EDIT: since everyone is voting: Megadeth
Quote by preludetowar
I was pretty sure that there has been a thread like this and i searched for it but nothing like this came up so..........

Megadeth or Mettalica?

Vote

Edit: o yea..... Megadeth owns!

LOL

NO VS. THREADS

well i hate megadeth less so megadeth
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I think this has been asked about...infinity times. But yeah, I say Megadeth
-Party on and rock harder than you party-

Originally Posted By Paint

and if there was a band directly opposite of Dragonforce, they band would be ****ing insane.
Quote by SGRocker0791
Depends:

Old Metallica ftw!
Newer Megadeth ftw!

*reported*

Agreed...St. Anger or whatever it was sucked outta control, but Master of Puppets ownt and Megadeth really improved the longer they played.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top w/ Seymour Duncans
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top w/ Dimarzios
Peavey Windsor Halfstack
MXR Distortion III
Dunlop Jazz 3 picks (Red)
DR Tite-fit 10's
Monster Cables
Id say Metallica, I like mega deth but I always thought it was his way at getting back at metallica(front man dave mustaine was guitarist for kill em all album) id say new metallica vs all mega deth the vote would be megadeth but since this isnt the poll its obvious mettalica is the superior band. ....I mean common they have Kirk hammit
I wonder if everyone that is voting metallica has actually bothered to listen to most of megadeth's albums? Metallica was great up through ANd Justice....and then starting with the black album it all went downhill for them. Which really when you look at the black album it is so different from their earlier stuff because they wanted to sell albums. Songs were slowed down(not as thrashy etc), song lengths shortened etc etc. Maybe I am the only person who thinks the black album is one of the most overrated albums in music history.

Megadeth is a band that has continued to release quality material through their entire career. They have had a few weaker records, but it is Really hard to top Rust In Peace, Peace Sells, So far, So good. etc etc Especially if your looking for awesome thrash, with great riffs(not just 1 or 2 riffs played for 8 minutes*metallica*), ripping solos, and catchy lyrics. Yea I admit Mustaine's voice isnt as good as Hetfields, but the more you listen the more it grows on you. So with that said I am voting Megadeth.

P.S- It is spelled METALLICA and MEGADETH. How can anyone comment on a band if they can not even spell their names correctly?

P.P.S- Kirk H. is a great guitarist but by FAR not nearly as good as alot of others. I know ill get a lot of crap for this one, but Mustaine in general is a MUCH better guitarist all around than kirk H. Not to mention anyone that has played in Testament or Exodus(save for the time Kirk was in it)
Last edited by Wickedcarny at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by Wickedcarny
I wonder if everyone that is voting metallica has actually bothered to listen to most of megadeth's albums? Metallica was great up through ANd Justice....and then starting with the black album it all went downhill for them. Which really when you look at the black album it is so different from their earlier stuff because they wanted to sell albums. Songs were slowed down(not as thrashy etc), song lengths shortened etc etc. Maybe I am the only person who thinks the black album is one of the most overrated albums in music history.

Megadeth is a band that has continued to release quality material through their entire career. They have had a few weaker records, but it is Really hard to top Rust In Peace, Peace Sells, So far, So good. etc etc Especially if your looking for awesome thrash, with great riffs(not just 1 or 2 riffs played for 8 minutes*metallica*), ripping solos, and catchy lyrics. Yea I admit Mustaine's voice isnt as good as Hetfields, but the more you listen the more it grows on you. So with that said I am voting Megadeth.

P.S- It is spelled METALLICA and MEGADETH. How can anyone comment on a band if they can not even spell their names correctly?

P.P.S- Kirk H. is a great guitarist but by FAR not nearly as good as alot of others. I know ill get a lot of crap for this one, but Mustaine in general is a MUCH better guitarist all around than kirk H. Not to mention anyone that has played in Testament or Exodus(save for the time Kirk was in it)

What he said
Does anyone else notice the sheer irony in the threadstarter agreeing with what was posted 2 posts above mine?
There is no contest here. Megadeth is by far the superior band, in EVERY aspect of their music. I like old Metallica, but even their "legendary" album MOP has nothing on RIP.
I'll go with Metallica, but I really think they should have kept Mustaine, I'm not a Hammett fan.
First three metallica albums OWN
next two were still pretty good
then they turned into a castrated ripoff of themselves

First three megadeth albums OWN but I'd rather listen to the first three metallica, unless its Peace Sells then its up for grabs...

Rust In Peace = first three metallica albums
Countdown =first three metallica albums

F uck the rest of the ****e put out by either of them... but i TSHF was ok

EDIT: I like each of their best works equally...BUT if you want to get better at guitar I sincerely hope you listen to Friedman era Megadeth more...
Fuck you dipshit.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by Op3th
Fuck you dipshit.

Who are you referring to? Because it's pretty common knowledge that Hammett is no more than mediocre while Friedman is actually good.