I have an old dean maverick i recently won off of ebay with the intention of fixing up and repairing. My next step is to choose pick-ups which suit my taste, which is something I need help with. I play mostly metal, and right now my amp is an mg250dfx which I run a metalzone into.

I'm mostly interested in Dimarzio's. The guitar is HSS, but I'm willing to change it to HSH, SSS, or HH. I want the pick-ups to be very clear sounding, that is probably most important to me. They need to be strong enough for a good metal tone, think like Judas Priest, Megadeth, or Iron Maiden. If the pick-ups are versatile that is good too, I do like to play other things. I know this is a lot of info, but I want to make sure I make the right choice, any input would be appreciated!
Is it universally routed? You might not be able to fit 2 humbuckers in it. Let me know so I can help you out a little more.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Try a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker or a DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the bridge.

You'll get LOADS of crunch from them.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by JtoTHAizzosh
Is it universally routed? You might not be able to fit 2 humbuckers in it. Let me know so I can help you out a little more.

What does universally routed mean? We have the whole guitar stripped down and taken apart, I figured we could just cut the hole big enough to place a humbucker in it.