anybody know how i can get these tones with my MT-2 Metal Zone? im also open to custom tones as well...

Metallica (...And Justice For All, Reload, Black Album...)
Bullet For My Valentine
Atreyu
Bury Your Dead
Scar Symmetry
...and any other metal tones...

thanks...

Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Kick up the bass and treble and cut back on the mids. You'll need a high amount of distortion as well but don't over do it to the point that it sounds muddy.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
thats basically what i do anyway... lol... but chords just dont sound right...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
Quote by fret_it_fast
thats basically what i do anyway... lol... but chords just dont sound right...

Power chords or open chords? Because open chords tend to not sound so hot with distortion period. For me anyway.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
power chords... i basically only use 4 power chords... and they just dont sound right... plus the sound doesnt sound heavy enough... i have a sh*t load of gain... but its not heavy enough...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ive already done that too... so far... the best tone that ive gotten... is...

Input- 5 o clock
Bass- 4 o clock
Treble- 4 o clock
Mids- 10 o clock
Mid Frequency- 7 o clock *all the way down*
Dist- between 3-5 o clock

but im STILL not satisfied... maybe i shoulda got a pedal with not as many tonal possibilities...
Quote by die_kenny_die
ill definately keep it in mind... i wrote it down for later... but i REALLY want some settings for Bullet For My Valentine...
Quote by die_kenny_die
I don't have an MT-2 but this is what I use on my amp:

Drive: 9
Bass: 7
Mid: 3
Treb: 9
Reverb: 3

That gets me a pretty heavy sound. You also might want to try changing the settings on your amp as well as the settings on your pedal. That seems to help with my DS-1

EDIT: All of those values are the numbers on my amp, not clock positions. I can give you clock positions if you need them.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
i usually leave my settings on my amp on 5... and keep it off of the drive channel... so i play with my settings on clean... last time they werent neutral they were...

Bass- 9
Mid- 0
Treble- 7
Volume- depends
Quote by die_kenny_die
I never found the MT-2 to be a heavy pedal at all. The tone depends more on the amp than the pedal, too.
ive found a somewhat decent setting... ...turned the bass down to about 4 and now my power chords sound badass... im still open to more settings though if anyone has any...
Quote by die_kenny_die
the settings tou did probably sound crap because near everything is at one extreme or the other except mids.

mid frequency at LOW or HIGH does NOT mean more or less mids.

try turning the gain nice and high but back off on how extreme you equalize it.

extreme euqalization is never good.
yea... i turned the treble down as well... so basically... the mid and mid freq are coloring the sound... and the gains already all the way up... lol... i may even buy a boost pedal for it... :p thatd be awesome... and would fry somethin im sure...
Quote by die_kenny_die
Quote by fret_it_fast
ill definately keep it in mind... i wrote it down for later... but i REALLY want some settings for Bullet For My Valentine...

I know its not a lot of help but your not gonna get that unless you buy a 5150 and a dual rec and run em full tilt. What amp you using with it?
I saw Down use Boss Metal zone's through a couple of old Marshall JMP heads and it sounded amazing, but if your usin a little practice amp, you'll never get a good sound out of it.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
I know its not a lot of help but your not gonna get that unless you buy a 5150 and a dual rec and run em full tilt. What amp you using with it?
I saw Down use Boss Metal zone's through a couple of old Marshall JMP heads and it sounded amazing, but if your usin a little practice amp, you'll never get a good sound out of it.

Randall RG75G... tis an okay amp... but theres always one better...
Quote by die_kenny_die
Yeah, suppose. It'll make a massive difference if you use the pedal with a decent valve amp. It'll add all the warmth and kick that you dont get with S S amps. Think your best bet would be to get a line 6 pod and run that into your amp, You'll probably get a lot closer than with the metal zone.
well i dont really have the cash to buy a Pod... would there be any other solutions?
Quote by die_kenny_die
well one word comes to mind... dam-n... lol... ok... so if i was to go amp... Triple Recto or TSL? i lust after both... lol
Quote by die_kenny_die