Yo, I got a Fender Fat Strat and Im not a fan of the stock humbucker. I was looking for a good humbucker and they always seemed to reappear. My local guitar shops dont have a guitar installed with them (or theyre all idiots because it sure ****ing looked like there were), so i cant try them personally before buying them.
I got a VOX AD50 (i know, I shoulda gone all tube, i regret it everyday...) and Im a HUGE fan of Frusciante if that means anything.
ANy input = sweet.
doesnt fruscante use S/S/S Strats?
It will be kind of hard to get his sound with HB's because you have more mid and less treble, and more crunch than a Single coil has.

Burst buckers are good but I prefer the Seymour Duncan '59 or JB to the BB's.
(Im a little tired right now so my input might be skewed, but still check them pups out.)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Jul 15, 2006,
True, I cannot replicate his tone using a HB, but a similar warm tone would be what id prefer.
Ill check out the '59 and the JB
yeah burstbuckers are nice but most of frusciantes guitars are single coil only strats. And i prefer the burstbuckers over seymour duncans but thats just my personal preference.
Also on a semi-unrelated note, can you buy burst bucker covers for any other HB, because the look is just so ****ing cool
the covers are just regular pickup covers that you can order from SD (or any other pup manufacturer).
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Oh and by the way ranger, im in love with your gear. No, not richard simmons love....but the sacred love of a man and his guitar.
thanks, I love it too the guitars took me only $500 to aquire, through my mad guitar aquiration magik. lol.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1