ok... i have a Randall RG75G3 75 watt amp... ive been offered a trade by my friend for a Peavey Valveking 112... what should i do??? true the VK is all tube... but my Randall is 75 watts and has a tube *12AT7* in the power section... should i seriously take this trade? i already have the footwitch with my Randall... but he doesnt have one for his Valveking... would it be worth it to trade amps then buy the footswitch?

Thanks

Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
I'm gonna go with NO because I don't like Peaveys. Which amp do you see yourself with in 10 years?
why no likey Peaveys mikeman? the VK was my first choice when i was buying... but i decided that the Randall was what i wanted... i still want a VK... but dont have the cash... so this trade came up... and got me thinkin... so im wantin to know what people think...

Quote by die_kenny_die
ok, don't you NEED an erection before penetration?? lol. anyways, condoms do occasionally break, and you CAN get her pregnant but you probably didn't. but make her go get the morning after pill. or fall down stairs. or something.
VKs are rumored to sound solid state
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
really? wow... i wasnt aware of that... but yea... another thing that ive heard of about the VK is that the reverb is absolutely sh*tty... no way around it... thats what ive heard from reviews and such...
Quote by die_kenny_die
Rumoured... Wow good reasoning.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
^Hey, Marshall MGs are rumored to be one of the most sh*tty amps ever. Few days later after I heard that, I couldn't believe I was listening to a box full of bees.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i'd keep the randall if you play metal, which i'm guessing you do since you have a randall in the first place.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^agreed... just because something is from a certain company... doesnt mean that its good or bad... my first guitar was sh*tty... but with a new set of pups, tuners, and being set up... id play it over almost every other guitar... NAMES DONT MAKE THE PRODUCT

Edit: *yes i do play metal (also stuff like MCR, GNR, Green Day, Audioslave, almost everything*
Quote by die_kenny_die
my instincts say no, however you really should play both side to side with your axe and whatever effects you use and see which one you like more.
Quote by fret_it_fast
NAMES DONT MAKE THE PRODUCT

Not entirely true... Most Vox amps have good tone
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^true... same with Orange... but thats besides the point... haha... i mean... ive heard bad things against epiphone because *its not anything like Gibson* well... DUH! thats why its NOT a Gibson... its an Epi... its not supposed to be as good as a Gibson... i love my Epi Les Custom... same thing goes for Squier and Fender... ok ill change the way i say it... the name SOMETIMES makes the product... lol
Quote by die_kenny_die
Quote by aznrockerdude
Not entirely true... Most Vox amps have good tone

And almost all boutique brand names (Bogner, Soldano, ENGL, Diezel, Mesa, Framus) sound absolutely great.

Anyways, onto the main question. I would like to start off by saying that Green Day, GnR and MCR are not metal. But either way, you're better off to stick with the Randall. It'll offer more versatility, and better sound in the long run.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I don't think Mesa's count as boutique amps anymore. they are too mainstream, and in practically every music store.
B-52 AT-100 2X12 amp
Yamaha
gibson LP
Epi LP
Strat Knockoff
GNX3000
TS7 Tubscreamer
Various other pedals
if i were you i would do the trade, and get a tubescreamer ts9, The valveking will sound louder, will sound better cranked and be able to get alot of different styles.

that VK is 50watts but it is going to sound alot louder then the 75watt SS amp. 50watts tube is alot louder than 75watt solid state.
Quote by phye2002
I don't think Mesa's count as boutique amps anymore. they are too mainstream, and in practically every music store.

Haha they're more like "overpriced amps" now (not by a whole lot, but still)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Wellll.... threadstarter, which amp do you prefer?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by nic_2090
I would like to start off by saying that Green Day, GnR and MCR are not metal.

i never said that they were nic... notice that i said "OTHER STUFF LIKE..." but anyway... im not really sure of what i prefered... this is my second amp... and my second solid state... ive never owned a tube amp... so the VK would be my first...

mega_tallica- i already have a MT-2... which can get PRETTY loud.. haha.. so im not sure that id have to buy the TS-9, although it is a great pedal
Quote by die_kenny_die
Quote by fret_it_fast
^agreed... just because something is from a certain company... doesnt mean that its good or bad... my first guitar was sh*tty... but with a new set of pups, tuners, and being set up... id play it over almost every other guitar... NAMES DONT MAKE THE PRODUCT

Edit: *yes i do play metal (also stuff like MCR, GNR, Green Day, Audioslave, almost everything*

True, the higher range priced epis are almost the exact same as the gibson, except gibson is glued on neck and epi is bolted( doesnt make much of a difference though)
^ my epi's neck is set neck. mostly all epi's necks are set if i'm not mistaken?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
so is mine... of course i have a LP Custom... i believe that standards are glued as well... ok... so back to the thread... most of you are saying to keep my Randall, correct?
Quote by die_kenny_die
Quote by fret_it_fast
so is mine... of course i have a LP Custom... i believe that standards are glued as well... ok... so back to the thread... most of you are saying to keep my Randall, correct?

Yes, Standards are set-neck (i have a Standard Plus). And yes, IMO you'd be better off to keep your Randall for now. Wait till you're ready for a new amp and then get a nice tube amp (the VK is decent, but it isn't versatile enough, doesn't have enough distortion, and it sounds very solid-state anyways).
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join