Page 1 of 2
oh, hello there, didnt see you come in. well, since you're dropping by, i guess you could answer a question of mine. ive saved up 500 dollars for a new guitar. my next paycheck will put me a little bit over that. im looking into getting a new ibanez, and id like some suggestions. my main goal for the new guitar is a good sound for hard rock, metal, high output stuff. id like a vibrato bar, hopefully with good action, but if thats not possible under 500 dollars then i wouldnt mind. im open to any of their series', so its pretty much an open discussion at this point. ask me any more questions if itll help you read what i want. thanks in advance..
Ibanez S470, the best there is out there.

Don't get the RG370, the edge III trem is crappy.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jul 15, 2006,
Schecter. C-1 Hellraiser FR.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

cool inlays on the s470. thanks for the suggestions.. --hey you! people who havent read this thread yet!-- dont think i havent had enough suggestions yet! im still raring to go look at more guitars! so get going! i need more guitars to consider. remember! good sound, good trem! as good as it gets within 500 bucks! seriously.. get moving.

EDIT- actually, ^ i meant to say "dont think ive had enough suggestions yet" when really i said "dont think i havent had enough suggestions yet". saying that might have given you the impression that i HAVE had enough suggestions, when i really havent. anyway,.....yeeeaah..........................................
Last edited by Glen'sHeroicAct at Jul 15, 2006,
I'd still go with the S470, the ZR trem is way better than the Liscensed FR on the Scheter.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
the s470 isnt too warm? cuz i got an SA guitar, not s series i know, but still, it sounded really clean.

also whats the price?
I already posted a link, and if you put the s470 in the bridge pup, it gives you a good distorted tone.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
I'd still go with the S470, the ZR trem is way better than the Liscensed FR on the Scheter.

ZR is not better than an OFR.
i think the ZR is easier to use though, right?

also, if its made in korea, im gonna want to find it at a store where i can play it for awhile, make sure that model itself is good.
Quote by edwardthegreat5

you noob the hellraiser FR model has an OFR while the new C1 FR models just have a licenced floyd

and the zr trems have a smaller range (bending up and down) then Floyd roses but theyre alot smoother to use
well i dont wanna go out of my way just to get a floyd rose. im not going to need extreme bending anyway. especially if its going to raise the price.
no, forget the floyd rose... i mean, the ZR seems like a good deal cuz it would be nice to have a good tremolo, but thats only if it happens to be already on a guitar i like. thats why im just open to suggestions

edit=- i gotta go to sleep. hopefully this will be in the first 2 pages tomorrow. still looking forward to suggestions. wanna make an educated decision here. remember, only ibanez guitars, cuz the shop nearest me pretty much carries only ibanez.
S520EX. Change the pups and you got a sweet guitar. Its also got a good trem. Very thin and made of mahogany. great neck too.
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Quote by azn_guitarist25
you noob the hellraiser FR model has an OFR while the new C1 FR models just have a licenced floyd

I thought it had a liscensed

EDIT- I now see the the fact that you reccomended a C-1, I thought you said damien
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Last edited by edwardthegreat5 at Jul 15, 2006,
nope hellraiser FR does utilise an OFR bridge while the newer models have a licenced bridge which is the C1 FR
Well, I would go for the damien, but since you only want Ibanez, I have no idea.
Quote by Sn^ke
ZR IS a Floyd Rose sir.

What, but Ibanez made it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Definately wait to get the new summer Namm ibanez's...look kick ass!
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
ok is anyone going to actually make suggestions, or are you all going to argue forever about licensed and original floyd roses??? i just want a freaking guitar under 500 dollars that has a good metal sound, and pickups that im not going to have to replace as soon as i get it... if the trem is good while im at it, woohoo for me.
s470 its $499 plus tax and shipping if u order it from somewhere
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
s470 its $499 plus tax and shipping if u order it from somewhere

i think its off musicians friend. and yeh id recommend this guitar as well nothing better unless you go to schecter diamond series
Quote by pullmeunder
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Original FR. EMG pick ups...solid body. Great guitar
Schecter > Ibanez.

Not sure where you'd buy one. But if you can find one, I'd definitely get it over the Ibanez.

schecters definately have all the specs but that doesnt necisarily mean they play great which they may for you but everybody's different.

for me, Jackson>Ibanez>Schecter, somebody else could have the opposite i think a lot should come down to how you think the neck feels so basically to threadstarter, all the guitars mentioned are great, but make sure you try them all before you buy your favourite
Don't really do dollars, but I'd say, S470 (mebbe DXQM) RG320/350 or mebbe an s520ex
Quote by edwardthegreat5
Ibanez S470, the best there is out there.

Don't get the RG370, the edge III trem is crappy.

go with what this guy said. shecters dont even compare to ibanez. your better off with a decent ibanez go for the s470 or the rg 350 Dx
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
Quote by TheDarkestNight
go with what this guy said. shecters dont even compare to ibanez. your better off with a decent ibanez go for the s470 or the rg 350 Dx

350dx got a crap trem as well
the s520ex is a little more, but worth every penny. got a good trem, too. with built-in intonation and everything. and floyd rose trems aren't nearly as bad as everyone says. 10 minutes tops to change the strings.

the s470 isn't bad either, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by pullmeunder
http://www.schecterguitars.com/index.asp

Original FR. EMG pick ups...solid body. Great guitar
Schecter > Ibanez.

Not sure where you'd buy one. But if you can find one, I'd definitely get it over the Ibanez.

Used RG570>Hellraiser FR.

RG570: Cheaper, WAY (way way) better neck, Equivelant FR.

Hellraiser: Pricier, crap neck imo, Equivelant FR to cheaper 570.

Only pro's to the Schecter are the pups and brand newnessessess.
Alright, here's how it works:
If you're going to buy a new RG, get AT LEAST the 1570. Actually, get the 1570. All the rg models higher than it have equally ****ty pickups, "fancy" paitjobs, or are front routed. Yeah, some of them have the GK synth or peizos, but only get those if you need them. And dont forget, it's best if you do a pickup change on a current day RG.

Current S models own with a pickup change.

I'm sorry, but if you put an OFR under lab stress test against a edge pro, lo pro, edge, or ZR, it will not come out on top. There are many reasons why those ibanez licensed trems are better, the replaceable knife edges being the first.

GODDAMNIT NOT EVERYBODY LIKES EMG'S. I dont get it. Why does everyone go bat**** crazy and say that a guitar is good when it has EMG's? I'll take some dimarzios over EMG's any day.

EDIT: Used RG550/RG570 FTW!
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
k ima go down to the guitar shop in 2 days for my lesson and check out what they have ther. they carry mostly ibanez, and i can have a guitar ordered from there, i think with shipping free cuz my dad is the owner's friend, but i wanna get one thats already there so i know that exact guitar is what i want. so ill see what rgs they have, hopefully a 1570 or something, and i think they might have an s470. i really hope so.
Haha. Good luck finding a 1570 at your store. I live in Los Angeles. I have about a million sam ash's and guitar centers near me. I had to drive for 2 hours to get to the nearest Sam Ash that had it.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
i was thinking about a guitar in that price range too, i was looking at a epiphone g-400 and a mexico made standard h/s/s strat. those are the two im try to decide between. ive never really looked into ibanez
Quote by eyeownyu
i was thinking about a guitar in that price range too, i was looking at a epiphone g-400 and a mexico made standard h/s/s strat. those are the two im try to decide between. ive never really looked into ibanez

Make your own thread, the threadstarter want a metal guitar with a good trem

TS, RG570s are cheaper than RG1570, even though the 1570 has a better term. I'd recommend ebay for the RG1570
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2