Heh heh, im gonna try and put a gibson 500T and 496R in my epiphone les paul classic. Will it work? Will i get a decent sound? Or are there some better alternatives?
Beauty is in the ear of the beholder, try it, If you like it tell all naysayers to F**k Off!
IMO the ceramic Gibsons are sterile and muddy sounding, definately not the best Gibson pickups. They'd be an improvement over the stock Epi pickups, but you can get better for the money. What kind of tone do you want?
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
well, definititely not a muddy or sterile sound :S, ahh, i play heaps of different styles, from iron maiden to metallica and stuff like that, acdc too. So yeah, would the ceramics be good for it? If not can u recommend another/others?
Look into the JB/59 set by Seymour Duncan, it's a classic combination used for a lot of rock guitars. Also look at Some of the Bareknuckle and Swineshead ranges, too, and Kent Armstrongs for a cheaper alternative (still great pups, tho, i have KAs in my Explorer and theyre much better than the 500t i had in before)
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile