hey, well my birthday is in two weeks (the 28th, ill be expecting a happy birthday thread)
ummm well anyway, my dad said hed buy me a guitar for my birthday for $500. now i play mostly rock (all sorts) and some blues. and it has to have tremolo, locking or not, i need a tremolo arm.

ummmm i have an epiphone les paul studio right now, and i absolutely love it, but my dad wants to buy me a new guitar.
(he left my family and i so i really dont want to get picky and tell him id rather have an amp)
Last edited by xrawrockkillsx at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by Aj1991
An epiphone would probably be your best bet mate.

ive been looking at them since i love the one i have now. but none of them have tremolo...
If playing rock includes metal then maybe try an Ibanez? Other than that maybe some Fenders? Or even a couple of Schecters??

Peace
Quote by fru_rocks
If playing rock includes metal then maybe try an Ibanez? Other than that maybe some Fenders? Or even a couple of Schecters??

Peace

ehhhh i have had nothing but bad experiences with ibanez. ummmm i was looking into some fenders, but my friends standard strat's bridge felt way too weird, and you have to pay a lot of money for a decent trem on a schecter...

Quote by TSelman
Get a Epiphone Les Paul Classic

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Classic-Quilt-Top?sku=518353

You cant tremolo? Cant you just add it on?

yeah but adding a tremolo to a les paul will cost almost as much as the guitar itself
reverend?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
whether you've had a bad experience with ibanez or not, they are the way to go if you want rock music. maybe you got a cheap rg with a bad locking tremolo last time??? anyway, any ibanez for 500 bucks will be a good experience. get an rg with pickups you wont have to change.
Fender strat with floyd rose.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Ibanez S470 $499.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519969
Amazing trem, doesnt have the same range as an Original Floyd Rose but it is super smooth.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
I also would like to know what is the best for 400-500 bucks. Though, im not in to blues. Im more into rock/funk rock
I'd look for an SE PRS. They make them in Custom SE's as well. Very nice guitar for the money.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
hey, well my birthday is in two weeks (the 28th, ill be expecting a happy birthday thread)
ummm well anyway, my dad said hed buy me a guitar for my birthday for $500. now i play mostly rock (all sorts) and some blues. and it has to have tremolo, locking or not, i need a tremolo arm.

ummmm i have an epiphone les paul studio right now, and i absolutely love it, but my dad wants to buy me a new guitar.
(he left my family and i so i really dont want to get picky and tell him id rather have an amp)

I am speaking in bold because everyone else is a moron. Now for the best guitar under $500.

eBay RG570. =$300ish. Spare $200 you spend on new pups.
I'd really look into Jacksons. I don't have much expirence with Jackson trems, so I would just say go to guitar center and try them out. Also, OLP makes a Music Man Axis copy, that I've played at guitar center. Tho, I think with that guitar it's like finding a diamond in the rough. Some of them are good, others are terrible. My dad had an OLP John Petrucci sig and it was pretty good, had a nice trem on it. And the Axis I played sounded good and played very well. It has a strat style trem on it and I really like it.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.