hey peoples, i was wondering which amp would be better to get, the hartke piggy back stack or the marshall avt50 combo amp? i play metal and rock and if i get the hartke i can get a distortion pedal and a wah, but if i get the marshall can't get any, thanx
Neither. Go for a Vox Valvetronix series or a Roland Cube.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Get the Hartke. I bought the Roland Cube 60, and then returned it because it didnt suit me. I tried the Vox Valvetronix and wasnt impressed. Then I tried the Hartke GT60C, and liked it alot more. And its very cheap. Try out the Roland Cube, Vox Valvetronix, and then the Hartke, and maybe you will see what I mean.
well, the avt is crap, and I haven't tried the hartke...

what's your budget, and what music do you play? oh, and what guitar do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by bradbradbrad
Neither. Go for a Vox Valvetronix series or a Roland Cube.

+1
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Vomitorator
Most people havent tried the hartke. Its pretty impressive.

I know. I have it, and it a great amp especially for like 200-300$. Its no all tube Marshall, but it has a very nice clean sound that sounds a bit tubey, and the overdrive/distortion it has, is nice sometimes, but using pedals through it sounds great.
ummm i play hard rock metal mostly and i have a epiphone les paul custom, i think i m leaning toward the hartke because it is affordable and i can get a overdrive-distortion pedal and a wah with it
Quote by trivium_rule_11
ummm i play hard rock metal mostly and i have a epiphone les paul custom, i think i m leaning toward the hartke because it is affordable and i can get a overdrive-distortion pedal and a wah with it

Yea definately. And it sounds pretty good with effects through it. But try it before you buy it.
thanks everyone for ur replies another thing but, would anyone happen to now how tall the amp and head stand when ontop of one another?? thanx heaps
Quote by trivium_rule_11
thanks everyone for ur replies another thing but, would anyone happen to now how tall the amp and head stand when ontop of one another?? thanx heaps

the cab has 4 10 inch speakers, so it's at least 30 inches tall :P look up "hartke piggyback dimensons" on google - you should get something.
srry peeps me again, i need whoeva owns the hartke piggy back stack to measure it and tell me how tall it is from top to bottom, i need to no so that i no were to put it in my house lol thanx heaps
Quote by suicidalmoose
i don't think it'll be more then 10 foot high.

wtf?

and by the way, the cab is a 4x8. Four, eight inch speakers. Its not big at all.

Specs:
26 1/2? (673 mm) Hx 24? (610 mm) W x 12 1/2? (319 mm)D

Lazzys...
Quote by trivium_rule_11

get the hartke. marshalls are excellent but they are expensive. if you just want an amp to tool around with the hartke is the one.