ok, so... I'm just kinda throwing this idea out there to see how many people would actually care...

while sitting down in front of my television and watching mortal kombat annihilation--IN ITS ENTIRETY--I recently came to the conclusion that I have way way too much free time on my hands. Sure, I try to spend this free time making music, but... when I come down with a vicious case of writer's block (which is often), I just don't know what to do with myself. So (after watching some of those 'steal this video' features here on UG), here's what I had planned on doing: a series of video guitar lessons. I would film them with my webcam, edit them, upload them to youtube and post them on a site of my own.

The lessons would be totally focused on the acoustic guitar (which is why I posted this in the acoustic forum) and they would be made for absolute beginners. Basically, I'd be making lessons for people who have little to no idea of how to play an acoustic guitar and/or basic music theory. I'm just curious as to how many complete beginners are here that would be interested in that. I'm no guitar expert by any means, but I could definitely show some people some things.

oh and... I hope this doesn't count as advertising or spamming since I don't have an actual site up and I probably won't for quite some time. If I broke any rules please don't ban me! I apologize! I just wanna see what the interest level is before I put the effort into this.

If I do decide to do it, I'll post in the UG contribution thread.

Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
far too much free time try getting a girlfriend or startng a band
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
if i was a guitar nub then i would have wanted that.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Quote by ##_Guitar-newb
far too much free time try getting a girlfriend or startng a band

haha I have a girlfriend, I'm in a band, I'm working on 2 different solo projects, and I work.

I still have time.
Banging on a trash can
get 2 girlfriends. That should keep you busy. And put a hole in your pocket.
Quote by octavian
get 2 girlfriends. That should keep you busy. And put a hole in your pocket.

hahaha well alright then. I'll take this as a no.
Banging on a trash can
Or that he is a dink...one of the two.

Anyways, its not a bad idea. I'm sure it would be helpful to some people...if you have the time, and have the desire, go for it!

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.