well thats a european penny. so in usd its $0.0126520 . i dont know if thats right or not, but thats the price resistors should be.

EDIT: I pretty sure resistors dont come in bad quality. They are probably all the same, made by the same manufacturer and sold to a bunch of online stores.
yeah, the only thing which can change with resistors as far as i'm aware is obviously the resitance, the voltage rating and the efficiency rating or whatever it is that comes in a %

i just couldn't believe my eyes when i saw that, i'm still convinced ive read something wrong, because i've found 10 caps for 3p

and im british by the way so these are my pennies, lol

haha well i found cheaper... i think. http://www.futurlec.com/ValuePacks.shtml . check how cheap each resistor is!! $0.0082 each. I ordered a pack of resistors, a pack of mylar caps, a pack of elec. caps, and a pack of transistors!
It means that if you buy more than 10, each resistor costs a cent. So if you bought 10 of them, the price would be 10 cents.

Things are always cheaper in bulk, I bought a load of 2000 metal film(more expensive than carbon film) resistors, and it came out to .005 USD per resistor.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
It's easy to say "Wow, these are a ten for a penny! If you order five thousand, then it's fifty for a penny!"

But what are you going to do with five thousand resistors?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by StaggHound
It's easy to say "Wow, these are a ten for a penny! If you order five thousand, then it's fifty for a penny!"

Build the 600watt Crate all tube amp... DUH!
EDIT:

Pink: I would buy larger and in bulk, but i just can't find anywhere in the UK which do those sorts of deals.

And i've always wanted to build a tube amp, but it works out to quite a bit of cash (apparently i've never added it all up though)
Last edited by thesumoftwo at Jul 15, 2006,
I guess that's cheap if you buy your resistors at radioshack... But really, that's the price they should be sold at, cause they really aren't expensive to make at all.
For a tube amp I recommend using .5 watt resistor for everything anyways...they're just generally more durable etc.

And in a tube amp, the most expensive part is the transformers...expect to pay like 100 for each or so.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by 2xG
I guess that's cheap if you buy your resistors at radioshack... But really, that's the price they should be sold at, cause they really aren't expensive to make at all.

resistors at radio shack are expensive as hello. . And they dont stock a lot of the values. Only buy parts from there for a few small parts that you forgot to order.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
AxesRUs do 'em. In Mini, Short, and Medium size.

also, how much difference does true bypass make? And can you get true bypass and an LED on a DPDT footswitch?
Last edited by thesumoftwo at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by StaggHound
AxesRUs do 'em. In Mini, Short, and Medium size.

aha! i knew i saw them somewhere the other day, just couldnt remember where
Quote by thesumoftwo
300 resistors, 2.45 dollars

245 cents

300/245=1.224489 etc etc etc

That would be the number of resistors you get per penny. The actual price per resistor is 245/300 = 0.817 pennies, $0.00817.
You can ask at your local shop, but they might not sell them right off the bat, y'know? Might need to bull**** them until they reckon you know what you're doing with it.

I meant your local guitar place.

so does anyone know if i can get a true bypass and LED on a DPDT switch. If not, does true bypass make a lot of difference?
true bypass makes a difference, if you can't do it with a dpdt switch, then try to get it done with a 3pdt switch
that was my question, can you fit a true bypass on a DPDT with an LED indicator aswel? I think I read something about a millenium bypass? not sure though, any electrical gurus have any ideas?

and greenbox, i'm building a Big Muff aswel, did you do the op-amp one or the non op-amp? did you make a tutorial for it?
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
well thats a european penny.

Um, no it's not...

In the UK, we have these things called Pounds and pence.
In most of the rest of Europe, it's Euros and Cents.

So the £ sign _Does Not_ represent a European penny.

Sorry, but I do get sick of our American friends getting that wrong.
Grant me the power to change what I can.
Grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change.
Grant me the wisdom to tell the difference.

"I had a hat once.
It was a very fine hat..."
Quote by Jakkle
Um, no it's not...

In the UK, we have these things called Pounds and pence.
In most of the rest of Europe, it's Euros and Cents.

So the £ sign _Does Not_ represent a European penny.

Sorry, but I do get sick of our American friends getting that wrong.

Your stupid... The threadstarter said that they cost a penny and I said *joking* thats a European penny. Dont get all defensive.
Yay! an argument in my thread! it's now a real thread

Someone feel like answering my question??

please?

pretty please?

Quote by StaggHound

You know resistors aren't just used for guitars (in fact resistors are hardly ever used in a guitar). Schools and stuff would use a lot, as would a lot of companies. Most sites like that are primarily aimed at the trade and industrial applications, not the weekend electrician/light bulb replacer. I'm not being an ass (or at least I'm not trying too); I'm just saying.

On that topic, I think www.rapidonline.com is a really good site. They have a great range and next day delivery, and they reduce the price for buying in bulk too.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by thesumoftwo
that was my question, can you fit a true bypass on a DPDT with an LED indicator aswel? I think I read something about a millenium bypass? not sure though, any electrical gurus have any ideas?

and greenbox, i'm building a Big Muff aswel, did you do the op-amp one or the non op-amp? did you make a tutorial for it?

You might need a 3PDT switch to include the LED indicator. Though you may be able to work it out without the 3pdt switch. I tried reading the millenium bypass article, but it's like... 10 pages...
Anyway, DPDT you'll have to choose between indicator or true bypass. Or you could pony up for a 3pdt switch.

I built the non-opamp version. I don't really have a tutorial you could use. I built it because I was able to "borrow" parts from my circuits lab. And I had a spare breadboard on the side I wasn't going to ever use (it was kinda small), So I built it, and instead of rebuilding it and soldering it to a board or something, I just used an elastic glue (forgot what it was called, but think rubber cement) and "permanented" it.
Including the jacks, pots, stomp switch and box, it cost me around $15.
Last edited by greenbox at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by Calum_Barrow
You know resistors aren't just used for guitars (in fact resistors are hardly ever used in a guitar). Schools and stuff would use a lot, as would a lot of companies. Most sites like that are primarily aimed at the trade and industrial applications, not the weekend electrician/light bulb replacer. I'm not being an ass (or at least I'm not trying too); I'm just saying.

On that topic, I think www.rapidonline.com is a really good site. They have a great range and next day delivery, and they reduce the price for buying in bulk too.

Exactly; I have no doubts that A LOT of places need 50,000 resistors at any one time.

But I don't see why a guitar-based hobby fiddler would need so many.