I have a B52 212 100 watt all tube amp. Recently i was playing on the clean channel with some reverb and the sound just stopped alltogether. It seems that about 4 tubes are glowing blue(on standby they are not blue) and the one farthest to the left still has its normal glow.What could be my problem and do i need new tubes?
Quote by Zoso-Zep
The truth is, most guitarist start out as losers. Most of us were unsocialble twats who couldnt get laid on our best day.......so we then invested all that spare time masterbating and playing guitar and after a while the pu$$y started rolling in..
That would be the first thing I would do. i would buy all new tubes, then take it to an amp tech and have him install the new tubes and give the amp a once over in general, tell him about the problem
ii think that is a sign that your tubes have lost there vacuum, i aint sure though, or they aint inserted probably.
sounds like replacement time it's real easy you just pull em out and put in new ones just unplug it first
I dont think it is the tubes. It's natural for them to have a slight blue tint, but if it's alot then your tubes have a leak. I would check everything else before the tubes, like your cables, your fuse, etc.