Back in mid april I bought a Gibson LP Studio, and I didn't feel like changing the strings when I got it, and never have. I play it quite a bit, at least an hour a day, and the strings aren't corroded and stay in tune very well. is something up?
maybe jesus owned the strings for a day? I dont know, id say the humidity and tempreture where you are is perfect for strings, and you dont sweat or nothing.
my strings have lasted me about 6months, so i change them 2 or 3 times a year, just to be safe

but yeah, yours could be for the humidity and maybe you dont sweat much when you play, same as me, so they last really long...horrah!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Either you don't sweat, and don't have oily hands. Or the weather is perfect there. Or they are Elixer's.

~Bryan~
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
it's extremely humid here, so it's not that..i don't sweat when i play, so that's probably it.

the strings are the strings gibson put on it when they sent it to the store i got it at, so i doubt they're elixers.
idk...they probubly sound like **** though

i heard that if you boil the strings they'll sound new again...but ive never tried this out

i just heard a sellsmen at GC tell me
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by numbfinger

i heard that if you boil the strings they'll sound new again...but ive never tried this out

They sound fine.

I don't normally take the advice of salespeople, maybe if i knew them i would trust them more.
i have an old pedulla and I havent changed the strings for 4 years. now thats messed up.
Ive got elixers on all my guitars and they've neva broken or worn out. Yeh maybe you just have like godly strings.
MY GEAR

Cort G200 Strat Copy
Epi SG Deluxe (hand-made)
Washburn Dreadnaught Acoustic
Behringer GMX210
Laney HCM10
Zoom GFX-707
Behringer UM100
Behringer TO800
Crybaby Wah
My very first guitar has never had its strings changed, and i've had it for 6 years. It gets played too. I usually play it atleast once a day for a good amount of time. I guess we are just both blessed with godly strings.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Help out a newbie.....

What's the big deal about Elixirs?

Thanks,
Brad
Sweet jesus, how can you not change your strings for so long? I've got to change mine every 3 weeks (I use Ernie Balls). Then again, I sweat a lot while playing and the temperature/ humidity blows. Still though, how can you not change your strings for months and months?
"Gear":
1980s Copy of Les Paul [unknown brand]
1980s Acoustic [unknown brand]
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Moonrock
DIY Tubescreamer TS808
Carlsbro Kickstart 25 amp

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org

My Tube Screamer Build
Quote by 777
Help out a newbie.....

What's the big deal about Elixirs?

Thanks,
Brad

long lasting tone, can last for a ****ing long time.
Quote by uuhi
Sweet jesus, how can you not change your strings for so long? I've got to change mine every 3 weeks (I use Ernie Balls). Then again, I sweat a lot while playing and the temperature/ humidity blows. Still though, how can you not change your strings for months and months?

there's no reason to if it doesn't need it, not that i mind cause i'm terrible at it..heh
Quote by uuhi

my strings on my electric are more than 6 months old. and there elixirs as well
Quote by numbfinger

ok, if you take of your strings off just to boil them, the how the hell do you expect to put the same set of strings back on, when the higher strings tend to snap because there too coiled up.
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"