Ok, I have a Marshall 100watt MG Series amp,
Im wondering the difference betwen Crunch and Overdrive?
that, and also....i was looking at some BOSS Distortion pedals, but my friend says i dont need them, especially with a Marshall.
I was looking at the Metal Zone one, and Mega Distortion. In case u need to know...

Help Is appreciated
Quote by SteveHouse
Ouy, I just realized I said power chords will make it powerful.
(kills self)
get a Boss DS-1
Quote by SchecterFreak
like i said..i feel like a dumass... oh!!! man you are refering to your abreviated name wow..i really feel stupid *blushes* god... sorry USHO.

man i feel like a **** now...
Im looking for a really thrashy distortion though,
DS-1 doesnt seem that strong..
Quote by SteveHouse
(kills self)
the crunch channel is a more overdrive sound, and has less gain even at hight volumes and sounds like a clean amp turned up really loud. the overdrive is more distorted
keep blues alive
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Marshall MGs arent like Marshalls as in they dont sound close to as good as the other Marshalls. I would get a better amp before getting pedals.

This is probably the only amp im getting for a while, since i just bought it 3 months ago, and im nto in the mood for spending more than 800$ on another amp, it works fine, thats what im looking for.......im currently pumping an ESP EC-1000 Deluxe through it and it sounds great, clearly not the best it could sound, but for what im doing it works.
Quote by SteveHouse
(kills self)
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Marshall MGs arent like Marshalls as in they dont sound close to as good as the other Marshalls. I would get a better amp before getting pedals.

hes right. i bought an MG serious, big mistake.....pretty much, they suck, so now im saving for a new amp, and i think you should too. Go for the tubes man. Tube=Awesome distortion.

EDIT: oops didnt see that ^^^ never mind...