uhmm ive been working on this piece by piece for a long time, it could be finished right here but i'm definately not done with it yet and im most likely gonna change a few minor things but any crit would be appreciated thx
Attachments:
pRogLikE.zip
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
i love that man, would really like to hear it on the guitar itself.
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
40 views, 2 replies? that sux... crit4crit anyone?
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
sorry to bust everyones bubble but lamb of god arent "hardcore" theyre death metal, and therefore metal.
I enjoyed it, a lot

like someone else said, i think it could be much better if a solo was added. I think a solo would fit well for the last riff.
What is up with the extreme low tunings? What happened to the times when you could be heavy in E? I think it's just covering up a lack of compositional skill.

This piece was decent. Nothing that hasn't been posted here a thousand times before. The outro redeemed this a little though. That was probably the best part.
^^Evian, alot of people drop tunings because their vocalist is pushing his range in the higher tunings... So drop it a couple of steps and then he doesn't have to be singing falsetto the whole time. For Example, look at Thrice...

Anyway, this was pretty cool. It got a little repetitive, the outro was excellent, but I wouldn't have it go so many times... maybe twice into a little ending reprise that rings out or something, and the same with the piano over the clean guitar... it was alright at first but it got out and out boring after a little while.

8/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394923
Washburn WI66 Pro E Celtic Cross (1 of 48!)
Washburn WI66 Pro Honeyburst
Takamine EG334SC Acoustic-Electric
Peavey XXX 120W All Tube Half Stack
Line6 MM4/FM4/DL4
Boss NS2
Vox Snakecharmer Compressor
Digitech XP100 Whammy Wah
Quote by Evian
What is up with the extreme low tunings? What happened to the times when you could be heavy in E? I think it's just covering up a lack of compositional skill.

i use a multitude of tunings to help the riffs, i played this in e and d and it just didnt have the same feeling to it... im member number one of the drop tuning is for fags club, but i felt it was nessecary in this case
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
i thought it sounded really weird, but i am not into that stuff i guess.
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
hhmm sounds like a death metal song than a prog
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Quote by MadMudgeN
^^Evian, alot of people drop tunings because their vocalist is pushing his range in the higher tunings... So drop it a couple of steps and then he doesn't have to be singing falsetto the whole time. For Example, look at Thrice...

Anyway, this was pretty cool. It got a little repetitive, the outro was excellent, but I wouldn't have it go so many times... maybe twice into a little ending reprise that rings out or something, and the same with the piano over the clean guitar... it was alright at first but it got out and out boring after a little while.

8/10

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394923

Yeah but rarely is it needed to drop 1 and a half steps. Look at blues singers. The can have really low voices yet they don't go into B to play blues. Look at Metallica. I'd say Hetfield has a pretty low voice but they stayed in E for the better part of thier career.
Quote by Evian
Look at Metallica. I'd say Hetfield has a pretty low voice but they stayed in E for the better part of thier career.

I was going to say the same thing.

It was alright, but as said earlier, nothing really different. The outro was cool.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
The last part was pretty cool, but way over repetitive. And, it seemed to end very suddenly.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
I liked it a lot mainly cuz I never could write death metal. The part where the jazz geetar first comes in is really creepy and I liked it a lot.

Ps. Lol, "Drop tuning is for fags" that's hilarious.
I myself loved it up until measure 31...then it started sounding like just another song. the metal riffs were great. badass rythyms on that second riff. I don't know why everyone liked the outro so much. that was my least favorite part, it doesn't sound bad. but I don't think it has anything to do with the other parts of the song, and it isn't as interesting. my songs are in my sig
Last edited by afortuneinlies at Jul 18, 2006,
the outro's the most melodic part which is why people like it i think, and its got a real mainstream vibe, whicchhh im not super proud of but i WANTED it really melodic there, theres a multitude of soft things i could put there tho i guess...
MYSELF INFLUECE I

soo much n00bage
Quote by xX Maverick Xx