Alright I have a problem. My head will not turn on!! I used it last night and it worked fine. Then this morning I flipped the power switch and it wont turn on. I checked the outlet and everything and everything is fine, but the head refuses to run.

Anyone know what the poblem may be?
did you blow a fuse? check em to see if they're fried.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Hmm.....did you check the wiring. A wire couple have snapped. If so, then a simple soldering job should save the day.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
its the fuse bro
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
what amp is it first of all?

its prolly the fuse......take it to a tech if u dont know a thing about the head.
yeah, if you know absolutely nothing, dont screw with it. take it to a guitar tech.
Jesus Rules

SLAM DANCE
in the back of the amp, there's the port where you plug in the power cable. It should say there's a fuse there and there will be a tab. Unplug the power cable to get to the tab, from there use a tool like a screw driver to take off the tab. If the fuse is all black and burnt, then it's blown. replace it with a similar fuse.

but you still haven't checked the fuse have you?

your power tubes?
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Even if all the tubes fail, the amp will still turn on.

if all your lights turn on, and if all your tubes are heating up, and everything appears to be fine (no strange smells, smoke, burning, etc)

check the speaker cable. It happened to me once, the speaker was fine, but the cable plug was fooked. Although, from what you said, it won't turn on at all, In that case, it's likely a problem anywhere in your outlet/socket or your amp's power transformer. Or anything in-between. That's my best guess.
Last edited by greenbox at Jul 16, 2006,