When I warm up/practice, I play scales of 5, 6, 7, & 8 tones. What different rythems are good for practicing 5, 6, & 8 tone scales? Thanks for any advice.
rythms as in time signatures?, or off beats?, or what?
i would probably say pentatonics (5 tones) will work with almost any signature as u they are very versatile, as for 8 tone scales there are many possibilities try runnig up adn down them doing 3rds, 6ths slowly triplet ascending (i think there is a proper name for it i can't remember though) basically you play up 3 tones bak to the first note then ascend up another 3 tones in a pattern such as- 1,2,3,1,2,3,4,2,3,4,5,3 e.t.c

sorry i am rubbish at exaplaining that sort of thing
Quote by Metal-X
No.. you see when one person stays on UG for to long, then they tend to lose there minds to the Pit monkeys. And well..... just watch for yourself

Umm - Whatever fits. I usually just practice scales with quarter notes or eight notes.

and mong, what on earth are you talking about? I sort of think you are trying to get at excersizes to use with scales - coils and such - but clarification would help us all.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Um isn't the post above me sort of against the rules or something?

I usually practice scales in quarter or eighth notes.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff