How can I find a good amp? I'm going to be getting an Epiphone Les Paul Standard soon. I play rock but not much hard rock. Some AC/DC and stuff, but more classic rock., alternative and progressive types.

So, I need an amp. Nothing huge, not for gigs, but small but powerful and with many knobs for different sound combinations. Any suggestions?
Try the GG&A forum.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
buy a Fender FM 212R; it's a beast
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
The Valvetronix looks good. Alittle expsensive for my tastes after I buy my the Epipone O.o
the line6 only really has one good channel, the fender amp isn't good at all. go for a vox, you wont be dissapointed one bit. Try one out sometime
*by the way...-_- the line 6 spider has tones of great tone...if your smart enough to find it...
^haha, don't listen to this clown.

Get the valvetronix or the cube man, you won't regret it.

As for that epiphone standard, if you'd permit me, i'd advice you to get the epiphone standard plain-top instead? Why? Because the plain-top is made out of pure mahogny, while the normal standard has a mahogny/alder combination, which takes away some of the great tone the les pauls are known for. The only difference is the looks, and the body wood. So unless looks is a HUGE deal for you, get the plain-top

Edit: Here's a link.

Oops, wrong link. Here's the right one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

Good luck with whatever gear you decide on
Quote by refgerto
^haha, don't listen to this clown.

Get the valvetronix or the cube man, you won't regret it.

As for that epiphone standard, if you'd permit me, i'd advice you to get the epiphone standard plain-top instead? Why? Because the plain-top is made out of pure mahogny, while the normal standard has a mahogny/alder combination, which takes away some of the great tone the les pauls are known for. The only difference is the looks, and the body wood. So unless looks is a HUGE deal for you, get the plain-top

Edit: Here's a link.

Oops, wrong link. Here's the right one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413

Good luck with whatever gear you decide on

Quote by ClayJohnson

Haha, clown is more of a cozy word for me, didn't mean to insult you lol

I like clowns, ergo its no insult when i call people that Sorry if it hurt your feelings though.

To be honest, im just some kind a poser, coz i've not played a line6 spider that extensively, im just going by the impression i got from it over a very short time period. But i didn't especially like the tone.