Alright, does anyone know where I could download the song/piece"Ping Island/Lightning Strike Rescue Op" from the movie "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"? It is quite possible the most infectuous sound I've ever heard and I cannot find it on Limewire! Can someone help? Thanks!

~Daniel White
Buy the soundtrack. You get to hear portuguese David Bowie. How is that not awesome.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Buy the soundtrack. You get to hear portuguese David Bowie. How is that not awesome.

the guy that sang those released an album himself with the songs from the movie, and a bunch of other bowie songs in portuguese...
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Just search for "The Life Aquatic" in audio search. Great movie.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Alright, does anyone know where I could download the song/piece"Ping Island/Lightning Strike Rescue Op" from the movie "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou"? It is quite possible the most infectuous sound I've ever heard and I cannot find it on Limewire! Can someone help? Thanks!

~Daniel White

Great movie, great song. I have the song. PM me.

Motherbaugh (of Devo) did a great job on this movie.

What do you guys think of Anderson's new movie coming out, Fantastic Mr. Fox. I think its gonna be cool to see him do a movie based on a kids book with the animators that did Nightmare Before Christmas.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by MastaBassist10
What's the movie about? I only heard the song on my friend's iPod.

Bill Murray's character, Steve Zissou, makes documentaries about his adventures. Him and his movies have been going down hill. He lost his best friend to the leopard shark on his latest documentary. Now he goes out to kill the shark.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Bill Murray's character, Steve Zissou, makes documentaries about his adventures. Him and his movies have been going down hill. He lost his best friend to the leopard shark on his latest documentary. Now he goes out to kill the shark.

it's basically a big parody on jac cousto (sp?)
Holy crap, my UG account still exists?
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Thanks, I think I'll go get it tonight, sounds good.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Its one of my favorites!
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by soulfly_freak
it's basically a big parody on jac cousto (sp?)

Wes Anderson is a big Jacque Cousteau fan. I think the Life Aquatic was dedicated to him. Or mabye it is the new one. I can't remember.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Now he goes out to kill the shark.

"or whatever it is, if it actually exists."
"Hey, that's my espresso machine! How did you get my espresso machine?

"We fuckin stole it, man."
"Steve, are we allowed in here?"

"It's a scientific community, man."

Such a great, quotable movie.

"Go to bed, you sons of bitches!"
it's one of my favourite movies! I still have to watch his other two movies, whose names I can't remember right now... I love it when suddenly the movie turns into an action film! oh yeah.. run limp doggie run!
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
it's one of my favourite movies! I still have to watch his other two movies, whose names I can't remember right now... I love it when suddenly the movie turns into an action film! oh yeah.. run limp doggie run!

Wes Anderson has directed 3 other movies. The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and Bottle Rocket. He also co-produced The Squid and the Whale.
Quote by AWA
"Hey, that's my espresso machine! How did you get my espresso machine?

"We fuckin stole it, man."

yeah probably my favorite line in the movie. that or half of what Klaus says..."I've always thought of you two as my dads."

i love the movie, i'm so glad i got it on DVD for Christmas (Criterion Collection of course)...now there's three copies of it in the family heh.

Mothersbaugh did an awesome job on the score...i love to watch the soundtrack special on the second DVD of the Criterion DVD. it literally makes me want to be a film composer. i thought it was interesting how he used an inversion of part of the score from Tenenbaums to use in The Life Aquatic during the Belafonte cutaway scene.

and i didnt even know Wes Anderson was making another movie...good to know, i'm gonna have to look into that.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by AWA
Wes Anderson has directed 3 other movies. The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, and Bottle Rocket. He also co-produced The Squid and the Whale.

I was going to buy the Royal Tenenbaums today, and my dad told me not to because he could buy it at blockbuster where he had store credit, but they didn't have it there. I was angry. I really love all of those movies. But I will attempt to list them in order of how I like them.

Rushmore
The Life Aquatic
The Royal Tenenbaums
Bottle Rocket

But they are all just great. I feel bad for leaving the Tenenbaums 3rd. Have you guys seen his American Express (?) commericial?
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I was going to buy the Royal Tenenbaums today, and my dad told me not to because he could buy it at blockbuster where he had store credit, but they didn't have it there. I was angry. I really love all of those movies. But I will attempt to list them in order of how I like them.

Rushmore
The Life Aquatic
The Royal Tenenbaums
Bottle Rocket

But they are all just great. Have you guys seen his American Express (?) commericial?

I've seen that commercial, but I cant remember anything from it.

I'd say that Bottle Rocket is his most under-rated movie. It's definitely his funniest, although not as good as the Royal Tenenbaums or the Life Aquatic.
Yeah that movie is hilarious. The book store robbery scene is so funny. The bags are too small so they have to put the money in several bags!
I love Anthony's mental institute escape scene. And the rich guy's(his name escapes me) brother was great too.

"You're a bully!"

"Bully? BULLY?! I'll show you a bully!"

It's on myspace music, just search it up under "Ping Island" or the bands name that made the techno beat.
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by phobos
yeah probably my favorite line in the movie. that or half of what Klaus says..."I've always thought of you two as my dads."

"Please don't let the others make fun of me for saying that."

God, such a great movie. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite human beings.

"If we don't handle this right, we'll all end up dead. Including her unborn British baby."
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
What a classic movie

the espresso machine bit was especially hilarious because my parents have that exact machine
You guys should watch some Luis Bunuel flicks.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
What is the Family Guy and the Simpsons reference to something "Aquatic' in the episode title of each show?
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by VoodooChild15
"Please don't let the others make fun of me for saying that."

God, such a great movie. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite human beings.

"If we don't handle this right, we'll all end up dead. Including her unborn British baby."

Wes Anderson is amazing!

I can't wait for the Darjeeling Limited

Looks interesting.
Sent from my iPad.
Jaques Costeau like character (yet hilarious) played by Bill Murrey. It's such a great movie.

My favourite part is when he starts dancing to the song.