hey im looking for a new guitar. my budget is about $300-400

i currently have a ibanez rg321 and i like it and it was a great staring/first guitar.

im just looking for something new and better now. i play mostly hard rock with a little bit of a metal edge. ive been looking at some epiphone les pauls and the ibanez sz's but i was just wondering what suggestions you guys here had.
Room For Error

Shows
6.30.05: 3 Doors Down, Staind, Breaking Benjamin
9.22.05: Disturbed, Ill Nino, 10 Years
4.1.06: Sevendust, Nonpoint
10.2.06: Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mars Volta
11.21.06: Disturbed, Stone Sour, Flyleaf, Nonpoint
Last edited by Rymaninthebox at Jul 15, 2006,
Quote by INNOCENT VICTIM
Its hard to shred on on les pauls so you should probably get a jackson of some sort

Wow someone should really tell slash!
Slash does not Shred.

Alexi laiho shreds, Petrucci Shreds, Malmsteen Shreds.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Eternal_One
Slash does not Shred.

Alexi laiho shreds, Petrucci Shreds, Malmsteen Shreds.

The fact that he does not shred in 1. Guns 'n Roses or 2. Velvet revolver, does not make him incapable of "shreding" on a Les Paul, and yes I agree that Liaho, Petrucci, and malsteem can shred out their a**...The residing fact is that les pual body styles do not inhibit a player from "shredding" (slash,KIRK HAMMET, ect.). Thank you for your atempt at enlightening us on guitar culture knowledge. Have a good day.
Isn't an RG321 about 300/400$ anyway?

If you don't like your tone, it's probably your amp. You could save another 200 and get a good half stack.
Quote by ClayJohnson
The fact that he does not shred in 1. Guns 'n Roses or 2. Velvet revolver, does not make him incapable of "shreding" on a Les Paul, and yes I agree that Liaho, Petrucci, and malsteem can shred out their a**...The residing fact is that les pual body styles do not inhibit a player from "shredding" (slash,KIRK HAMMET, ect.). Thank you for your atempt at enlightening us on guitar culture knowledge. Have a good day.

Did I say ANYWHERE that it is IMPOSSIBLE to shred on a les paul???

If so please point out where.

I merely stated that Slash DOES NOT Shred.

I DID NOT say Slash CANNOT Shred.

Please go back to school fo **** sakes and learn how to read.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Hmmm...
In terms of a new guitar, I don't see how the one you have now isn't sufficient. However, maybe your action (the height of you strings off the neck) might be too high in order to allow you to play smoother. String guages might be a factor as well.

However, a Jackson guitar would be another excellent example of guitars built for shredders...
And of course, another higher-end Ibanez guitar might be a good idea too.