quick question....i love tom's sound in some of his Audioslave solos which pedal is he using and how much is it or they are if he uses more than one
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
rather simple actually, he just uses them very drastically:

Dunlop Crybaby wah wah
Digitech Whammy
Boss TR2 (I think) for the tremolo choppy sounds
he's got some kind of flanger in there I believe
some kind of delay pedals

He gets all his distortion from his amp (JCM800) and he has a killswitch installed on his guitar
thank you....actually it was the crybaby wah wah i was interested in thanks
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by seljer
rather simple actually, he just uses them very drastically:

Dunlop Crybaby wah wah
Digitech Whammy
Boss TR2 (I think) for the tremolo choppy sounds
he's got some kind of flanger in there I believe
some kind of delay pedals

He gets all his distortion from his amp (JCM800) and he has a killswitch installed on his guitar

Lets not forget the the Digitech has a built in harmonizer. I had one when the were first introduced. It can dive bomb, go up two octaves, and duplicate at like 6 different pitches with the one pedal, quite a nice peice of gear, but I could never incorporate it to well into my stuff.
tom's pedals are a crybaby,digitech whammy 1, boss tr-2, boss-dd2,dod eq, mxr phaser http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Morello
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
I really think you where looking fot the whammy pedal

Listen to like a stone and then thats the sound that comes from a whammy pedal.

The wah is like the solo in be yourself.

i dont mean to make you out as a noob but i just want to show you the sound difference.
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Tom uses both a lot so he coiuld be talking about both
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by lookie here
Tom uses both a lot so he coiuld be talking about both

What, does he just put one foot on the wah, the other on the Whammy and just rock his body back and forth?
Quote by MastaBassist10
What, does he just put one foot on the wah, the other on the Whammy and just rock his body back and forth?

No, whatcha do is, set one pedal to the desired position, and then rock the other pedal for the desired effect. You could set and rock either pedal.
He's also very good with a whammy bar. (One foot wah, one hand whammy bar) Uses the bar a lot in RAtM.
Quote by MastaBassist10

No like he uses them a lot in his music not at once. But an example of when he uses both is in the begining of renegades of funk
Quote by rabidguitarist

Quote by daytripper75
Quote by lookie here
No like he uses them a lot in his music not at once. But an example of when he uses both is in the begining of renegades of funk

Oh, damn. He probably has at one point or another and got Tim, Zach,or Chris to operate the other pedal. That's what I would do. On the other hand, it would be kind of funny to see him standing a couple inches higher and swinging back and forth on both pedals.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Oh, damn. He probably has at one point or another and got Tim, Zach,or Chris to operate the other pedal. That's what I would do. On the other hand, it would be kind of funny to see him standing a couple inches higher and swinging back and forth on both pedals.

Nah, he just sets the harmonized digitech to 2 octaves up, and then rocks the wah, its easy.
Quote by MastaBassist10
^Shut up, you're ruining my dreams!

HEH HEH Sorry dude, but it's really not that hard to create alot of Tom's sounds.
The hardest trick of his for me to pull off is flicking the pickups on and off in the correct timming. His sounds are actually pretty basic....provided you have the pedals.
Quote by gibsonbrothers
Tom uses a tube screamer thats all i know

He doesn't use any distortion or overdrive pedals, his distortion comes straight from his JCM 800 Marshall head, he only uses the one channel and turns down the volume on his guitar for his clean sounds.
i dont know if he uses a TR2, for the choppy sounds i always read that it comes from his pickup selector switch, and zeroing one of the volumes.

but im thinking of ratm, i dont know about current audioslave.
He does use a tremelo pedal, his set up goes as followed:

Marshall JCM800 2205 50- Watt Split-Channel MV head
Straight Front Peavey 4x12 Cabnet

MXR Phase 90 (Added for Audioslave)
Dod FX40B Graphic Equalizer
Boss DD-2 Digital Delay
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss TR-2 Tremlo Pedal (Added for Audioslave)

All thanks to Guitar World's October 2004 issue.
Quote by Sick_Boy
He does use a tremelo pedal, his set up goes as followed:

Marshall JCM800 2205 50- Watt Split-Channel MV head
Straight Front Peavey 4x12 Cabnet

MXR Phase 90 (Added for Audioslave)
Dod FX40B Graphic Equalizer
Boss DD-2 Digital Delay
Digitech WH-1 Whammy
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss TR-2 Tremlo Pedal (Added for Audioslave)

All thanks to Guitar World's October 2004 issue.

Tremolo was in there before Audioslave. Guerilla Radio, which appeared on the Battle for Los Angeles, uses a tremolo effect heavily.
Quote by Refixer
Tremolo was in there before Audioslave. Guerilla Radio, which appeared on the Battle for Los Angeles, uses a tremolo effect heavily.

Agreed, he's been using all these pedals all along. Its just wether or not he chooses to use them in a song.