heyy guys

anyway i needed anyone help on input on this, anytime i play live after a while my hands tend to get kind of sweaty, espically my fretting hand and my playing isn't as efficient as what it could be, now i have not played taht many live events but im wondering if this just happens to me or has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to deal with it any help would be great thanks.
Hi, Im Chris

"I'm glad my band has low standards that way we can't underachieve" - Joe Strummer
im assuming your nervous when you play live?

it'll take time.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
It tend's to stop on it's own. I used to spray anti perspirant on my hands. Not sure if it worked or I just stopped getting nervous but it won't have a bad effect so may as well try it.
Thanks for reading
yea i have the same problem, i just dont let myself get nervious, i just think , every doesnt care if you mess up so just play your best.
hey if u get nervous and start to sweat just think of the really hot chicks in their underwear that should kill the nerves abit
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
i would just know the songs so well that it would be almost impossible to **** up. just being really well prepared is way over half the battle
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
I scratch up my picks so i dont drop them when i get sweaty from moving around and all that, as for my fretting hand i like it when it gets sweaty, makes slides a whole lot easier. My advice is to relax and have fun while you up there, assuming you know the stuff youre playing then there shouldnt be a prob.
Quote by Lint
heyy guys

anyway i needed anyone help on input on this, anytime i play live after a while my hands tend to get kind of sweaty, espically my fretting hand and my playing isn't as efficient as what it could be, now i have not played taht many live events but im wondering if this just happens to me or has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas on how to deal with it any help would be great thanks.

nerves dude. also, you might not have stretched out or warmed up efficiently. look into better warmups to do right after you plug in and everyone else is tuning their stuff up. there's a point to all that doodling around, it's to get your fingers stretched and limber...and to kill nerves.
I have a problem playing live as well. It was mostly because in the audition I was going to sing a song (It Ain't Me Babe) and I really bombed. I couldn't get a single word to come out above a whisper. But I finished the song. In the end I ended up playing an insturmently I wrote. I was the second to last performer and I was so nervous I was hoping for anything to get me out of it. I even forgot the end of the song and had to improv. The show I guess went well. A way I have found is to make up with intensity and remember you're up here not them.
Just remember most of the audience doesn't know jack about playing music. Even if you play AC/DC all night, they'll think your badass. Attitude and never let them see you sweat, even if you are nervous, don't show it.
who says the sweat is from nerves? stagelights can be hot as ****. anytime your up on stage with that much heat, focusing that hard and working that much, you are gonna sweat. i suggest some sort of sweatband for your wrist or a bracelet. also, keep a sweat rag on top of your amp, and wipe your handds/face between songs. aalso drink alot. this cools your body, and you'll sweat less.
Sweaty hands are very, very common. And it can effect your playing.. But just remember one thing - the way you play at band practice/or by yourself is at a much higher comfort/skill level than of you playing live (naturally, pressure makes you sloppy).. soo my advice to you is to simply practice as much and with as much efficiency as you can, because those long, dedicated hours WILL and I repeat WILL ... and one more for the sake of one more WILL define how you perform on stage. Now, get to work!
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
honestly im the most confident guitarist out there in my eyes and i still shake when i get on stage. during the first few songs i feel like ill drop my pick becuase my hands are shaking that badly and i dont know at all how im still managing to play the song. It helps a lot to be confident and practice a lot, and every body sweets a lot on stage it doesnt mater a difference, you just have to learn to play under those circumstances. But honestly i think playing live helps me play faster since im so pumped already.
meow :3