Sorry for making a thread about the best amp to get because there are a lot but I searched and I couldn't find a thread about an amp in my price range. Well anyways at the end of summer I'll have about $1,500 and I need a bass amp because I sold mine. I was planning on getting the Ampeg SVT-3 PRO head and the SVT 410HE Cab which would add up to around 1,500 with tax. But I haven't tried out many bass amps before so I don't know which amp would be best for the money I have. I play garage rock, classic rock, indie and other similar genres in a band so I need to get an amp soon. Any help would be nice.
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
The SVT-3PRO is nice but it doesn't seem to have as much power as the wattage says. I would say head for SWR or GK.
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
GK, Ampeg, SWR, higher end Ashdown seems liked.

For 1500 you could get a GK 1001RB-II for 600 + two sbx cabs.
haha
you can also look into accugroove, aguilar, bag end, bergantino, schroeder, and the like for some great (and expensive) cabs, you dont have to chase the ones that all the pros play or the ones you see in Guitar Center or most other music stores...

I HIGHLY reccomend looking at the classifieds on Talkbass.com...check em out if you dont mind buying used stuff for 60% of the normal price ...

Other than that, play a bunch of different amp heads and cabs and see which ones you like...Other brands to look out for are Eden and Mesa even though both are very expensive, but you seem to have a good bit of money on you
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Alright well thanks for the help. I went to guitar center yesterday and I don't really like GK amps but it could have something to do with the bass I was using. I liked all the ampegs I tried but I didn't get around to trying anything else out because I had to go.
Quote by Caustic
Loviator sounds like a 70's sex toy, probably discontinued and withdrawn from retail due to poor grade rubber being used in construction.

Quote by Stop Messin'
Put the weed in your friends anus, light it, and use his pecker like a bong :O
Ampeg you're paying a lot for the name. You could also go the Power amp route too you know.
the Ampeg SVT-3 Pro is an excellent choice. the 450watts @ 4ohms means probably
300watts @ 8ohms and thats plenty of power for any pro gig. i would match that amp up with a used SVT-810 cab, they run about $600. my local GC has 2, right now.
Ampeg is the industry standard for bass, and the #1 choice of the "pro" musician.
that is not only my opinion, it is a fact. Ampeg amps, Fender basses. #1 choice of the working pro bassist! no one else, is even close!