Whoever owns this kind of guitar, i've been looking into it, really like it, and was wondering who else has one. If you have it or have played it, please tell me the pros/cons of it. And also anything that you think would help. Also, the body is basswood and not mohagony, but does that affect the playing tone much??? Thanks - any info at all would help.
from Ibanez site-"Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character."

bad trem and bad pickups on the RG <500's and below. if you can save a bit of money i would suggest the RG 1570 , or if you dont mind not having a trem the RG 321
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Quote by im_hungry
kinda looks like a jem without the grip if its the one im thinking of

You mean EVERY RG ON THE MARKET?!?!
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Bad. Save up for a 1570. Or ebay a used 550 or 570.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
I owned that one for about a week...hated its trem, so I traded it...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
yep the trem pretty much lets down the whole guitar but i heard its a replacement for an OFR so it cant be that bad