i just got a used v847 vox wah today and i hacve a gig in like 2 hrs. I know im cutting it close but there is severe radio signals coming through. I mean severve. Waht can i do
I can barely even hear the guitar when i turn it on . PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Fender American Strat
1978 Twin Reverb Silerface
EH Big Muff
You're just in a bad spot. Hopefully where ever your gig is, it wont be as bad. I dont know if there is a definate fix for that kind of stuff.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
cover it in tin foil if youre that desperate
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I had the same thing happen to me, you're in a bad spot, it should fix when you go to the gig, you'll have to risk it because there is no other solution.

Why do I hear radio stations through my wah pedal?

This is a common occurrence because the inductor in the Wah pedal acts as an antenna. When you are in an area with a lot of radio frequency, the pedal can and will pick up the stations. It is not very easy to troubleshoot and fix, because it differs so greatly due to the different signals and the different surroundings. What might work in one region may not work in another.

The first step in troubleshooting is to find out where the signal is coming in from.

First check to see if it is coming in through the AC Adapter. Use the effect with a battery and see if it is coming in through the wall. If it is, discontinue the use of the AC Adapter. If this doesn't work, then...
Second, check to see if it is coming in through the guitar. Turn the volume of the guitar down to zero and see if you still get the radio signal. If yes, you might want to try putting a .0068 microfarad capacitor on the input jack between the tip and the shaft. (The capacitor can be a ceramic or polyester type and voltage rating of any size works.) This will also kill the high end of your sound. If this doesn't work, then...

Third, check the inductor. If you have a metal inductor, you can purchase a shield from us and place it over the inductor with a ground wire that is placed under one of the PCBoard screws. This acts as both an AC Hum and RF shield. (It is part number ECB99 - and lists for $12.00) If this doesn't work then...

Fourth, open up the pedal and unsolder the black wire from the pot. Slide some Ferrite beads onto the wire and resolder it. The size, number and shape of the beads depends upon the signal that you are getting, and honestly, we have not found any rhyme or reason as to which beads work with which signals. If this doesn't work then...

Fifth, wrap the entire wire harness in Mumetal foil, which comes in a tape format, and hope that that works, because after that who knows!

Getting radio stations on your wah pedal is unfortunately, the nature of the beast, and has been that way since its inception. In some areas it is worse than others. It is especially bad in the great lakes region because the lakes act as large antennas sending out the radio signals to all areas - and all wah pedals.
check your cable connected to it, move around near the input or output and moveit to see if it goes away, if so you have crappy wires. Also open her up and check if theres anything that is touching the circut board.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I dont know what signals they are but try turning off all electronic devices
Quote by karateguy29

thin mints pwn
move it away from a radio. if there isnt a radio in the gig, your fine
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
wrap it in foil! even far crys post says thatll help
its better than modding it and ****
FOIL=YOUR FRIEND
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Dude, definetly foil, foil rocks. Also, try grounding the foil to a metal post like your drummers cymbal stand. You'll have to remove rubber pads from the stand, but it's totally worth it if your in a bind. Or, you could hook up two wah pedals in parallel, it cancels out the frequency. It doesn't work everytime but try it. Or, pretend that the radio station coming through your wah pedal is really you playing and people will be more impressed! Gets em every time.
Quote by Zinjanthropus
Dude, definetly foil, foil rocks. Also, try grounding the foil to a metal post like your drummers cymbal stand. You'll have to remove rubber pads from the stand, but it's totally worth it if your in a bind. Or, you could hook up two wah pedals in parallel, it cancels out the frequency. It doesn't work everytime but try it. Or, pretend that the radio station coming through your wah pedal is really you playing and people will be more impressed! Gets em every time.

Yeah I'll tell ya I'd definitely be impressed when I hear Chris Moyle's come out of your guitar... (One of England's BBC1 Radio DJ's... Funny bloke)
well this probably isnt too helpful, but if none of that other stuff works, why dont you just not use the wah pedal
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
That's brave of you to use a pedal that you just bought earlier in the day... shouldn't you wait 'til you are comfortable with it and have gotten all the kinks worked out?