i was recently looking at amps at a guitar store. I ended up playing an amp called a "waller GAX amp" (it was a half stack). It sounded amazing and the head only cost 250 bucks. My question is, does anybody know what these heads are worth now, and if it's a good deal? I can't find any of these on ebay.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
0.0001 hundredths.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

what?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
cant find anything online, but if you like the sound and its cheap, go ahead. you can sell it on ebay if you dont like it as a 'one off' special-maybe make some money if you hype it up enough
well, i've read the reviews and they are great reviews, and the amp sounded great, and i've been looking for a backup amp/ first stack, so this deal sounds great to me.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
well if it does get good revies by you and other people then yeh go for it. but dont be afraid to crank it to hear its real sounds
i cranked it at the store, it was loud, sounded good, had a built in noise suppressor, great clean sound, two boosts, and a smooth volume control (it didn't just jump from quiet to super loud in like half a volume number). so i think its a good deal. you can see the reviews on harmony-central.com and search for the amp by brandname.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Quote by markoos
Its actually called a GMAX not a GAX. This is their website-

http://www.isptechnologies.com/guitarproducts.htm

However there only appears to be a GMAX cab on their site and no head.

i know, i went on the site before, so i think that head is discontinued.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
Yeh the noise suppressor will be very good because it has the same circuit in it as the isp decimator pedal as its the same people who make this amp. I think its worth around $350 new and probably $200 used.
this is almost definitely a double post.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
well, at the store it was 250, so do you think i'm getting a good deal overall?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT
this is gonna be my first stack, so i don't wanna spend too much, and it sounded just as good if not better than a tube amp to me, so i got no problems with it. does anybody know of any for sale so i can see what they're going for these days?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace

THE PIT