im looking for a guitar to buy. dont really know where to start. i was thinking about a mexico strat(kinda low budget) and also a epiphone g-400. now i think the strat is a better guitar, but serioulsy who wants to play a guitar everyone on the planet has something that looks like yours. i was wondering if anyone had any good suggetsions. price ranged between 100 dollars to 450 at max. i like scales and solos. chords arent my favorite. i like classic rock some metal
get an epiphone les paul....

NEXT!
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
i have the Epi G-400, and its ****ing sweet for the price, but seriously, just because the Strat is the most copied guitar ever, doesnt mean that you shouldnt buy it, if you like the way it plays, if you like the way it feels when you touch it and play it, then ****ing buy it. But you have two good guitars picked out for a beginner-intermediate person on a budget, go try them out, and whichever yo like more then buy it.

You might want a Fat Strat though because of the H/S/S config. on it, which would be good for metal and classic rock, but the Wilkinson single coils i have on my strat copy can handle those too with ease, without much buzzing, unless you really lay on the gain.

just go try them both out, the G-400 has incredible upper fret access though, whihc you might not have with the Strat, but you have to try it out for yourself
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

if you try them out, try each one with a strap standing up because they are balanced differently
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
i have the Epi G-400, and its ****ing sweet for the price, but seriously, just because the Strat is the most copied guitar ever, doesnt mean that you shouldnt buy it, if you like the way it plays, if you like the way it feels when you touch it and play it, then ****ing buy it. But you have two good guitars picked out for a beginner-intermediate person on a budget, go try them out, and whichever yo like more then buy it.

You might want a Fat Strat though because of the H/S/S config. on it, which would be good for metal and classic rock, but the Wilkinson single coils i have on my strat copy can handle those too with ease, without much buzzing, unless you really lay on the gain.

just go try them both out, the G-400 has incredible upper fret access though, whihc you might not have with the Strat, but you have to try it out for yourself

ya i know i should buy whats acutall a good guitar not by looks. i do like strats my bro has a american one. also about the fat strat thing, i saw a guitar called a fender strat hss config, is that the same thing as you said. do you have the gloss or non-gloss g-400?
Quote by azn_guitarist25

i havent really been looking into ibenez, acutally ive almost never heard of them( my friend has one thats it) ive only been looking into gibson, epiphone, fender. would an ibenez be good for my style of play, if they would a couple modle numbers in 400-500 dollar range would be nice