I have a few questions about the starndard strat and epi Lp standard.

Which has better quality control?

Which do you think would be better for me? ( I play classic rock and blues)

Which has better tone? ( Toughquestion I know but please try to answer)

thanks.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
why dont you just waltz into a music store and try them both out? you will probably get better answers that way
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
LP hands down. wanted one from day one of picking up my bro's squire. never been able to get one thus far due to lack of funds but thats life
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by Abnormal_Omish
tbh i think the Lp wins in each catagory easliy

i think it's preference. although quality on epiphones is dodgy from what i've heard, some are fine or really good, others are just bad.

if you wanna know which is better for you, just go to a guitar shop, play them both and decide for yourself!
I know I'm kinda leaning towards the strat right now but I'm not sure. I thought I had heard stuff about epis quality control. Is Fender reliable?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

same rules apply. Low end epihpones suck donkey nuts, high end touch gibson nuts...meh. but yeah, if u get a decent midrange to highrange epi, no real problem, but i wouldn't touch a low end one if it was naked.

Fender..are good for most things but tbh, i wouldn't really want one unless it was pre PBS (is it PBS? lol i know its something like that but, meh lol =p)

ALTHOUGH they are good all round guitars and if its mexican to american i dont see any problems...will weight less than a LP buut, LP has humbuckers so, that gains points in my books for a warm tone and ..good for ze metal i guess.
I don't play metal but pre PBS? what does that mean?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar

they took over fender sometime for a while (forget exactly when) and the guitars just went down the drain, check wikipedia for the exact years they were in control. anyway, i think it was actually the fender employees who bought back the company and turned it around.
Fender tends to have better quality control, but as long as you check out the exact axe that youre buying that isnt a major concern. I personally prefer epis but you may prefer fenders tone overall, the two guitars have very different tones and which one is better depends on taste.
lol Pre CBS's would run you about 23 grand. I have a new strat, love it but Im changing the whole harness to my prefrence, the strat is better for blues.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster