Why are licensed floyd roses considered worse than an original floyd? Aren't they made pretty much exactly the same? Like, whats the difference?
higher quality materials, and they have perfected it, unlike companies who make liscensed floyd roses.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:..:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
Licensed floyd roses are just given permission to use the name and the basic design however not all the copyrights are singed over on the licensing agreement as the original floyd rose company still wants to make more profit by selling a better product.

The original floyd roses will always be better because the have screws and springs etc. covered by the copright and won't let other companies make one as good
Cheaper softer materials used, less precision in the metalwork.

A few companies do however make good liscenced ones (Ibanez's Edge, Edge pro and Lo-Pro Edge which are actually slightly improved over the original. The Schaller ones are also good and the Gotoh ones are OK too.)
Well, some ibanez FR are just as good as the OFR. I think its not so much of the copyright parts, its more likely to be that companies want to make more profit by using cheaper materials which will die alot sooner than an OFR. After it dies people have to replace them rght? Some companies are even worst than that. Their LFR uses different routing from the OFR which means its really hard and expensive to swap their cheap FR with an OFR which will force many into buying another LFR from the company.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Edge, Lo Pro Edge, Edge Pro, Zero Resistance, and Schaller Floyd Roses > OFR.
Originally posted by priest.fan.
yeah, I suffered deep emotional scars when I learned that easter was in fact about jesus, and not a giant bunny sneaking into peoples houses uninvited
So do you think it's a good idea to swap the licensed floyd rose from my LTD MH-400 for an original? Does anyone have any experiance with the LTD ones. My guitar isn't set up to play yet so I can't find out for myself.
Quote by YYZ
So do you think it's a good idea to swap the licensed floyd rose from my LTD MH-400 for an original? Does anyone have any experiance with the LTD ones. My guitar isn't set up to play yet so I can't find out for myself.

if it aint broke dont fix it. though im not too sure if there a direct replacement should ask over at the ESP forums since one of their guys surely would of had done it by now