the neck on my musicman sub is giving me some trouble. there's nasty fretbuzz on frets 1-4, and the truss rod won't budge. so i'm looking into a replacement.
i went to warmoth, pieced together exactly what i'm looking for in a neck...only to read the disclaimer at the bottom...basically, we don't do fender or g&l compatable necks.
well, ****.
so who does? i'd rather get a wood neck, as opposed to graphite. preferably some place with a good selection of unusual woods. i'm thinking fretless wenge neck...can't remember the fretboard i had in mind...ebony or bubinga?
so if anybody knows where i should look, lemme know.
wow, so nobody knows where i can get a custom/replacement neck for a musicman.
good to know this site is only good if you want somebody to call you a fag for listening to some band or rag on your equipment.
maybe nobody knows. if it will cheer you up, go call someone a fag for listening to some type of music or something.
Smashing Pumpkins? Oh, you're such a fag.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
stew mac has some fender replacement bass necks, but i think it's limited to maple necks
Quote by JasonFUSJ
stew mac has some fender replacement bass necks, but i think it's limited to maple necks

sweet...a neck that won't fit my MUSICMAN bass. way to read the post buddy.
Quote by gonzosrevenge55
sweet...a neck that won't fit my MUSICMAN bass. way to read the post buddy.

I bet with an attitude like that everyone here wants to bend over backwards to help you out!

AKA

Good luck with google.
Quote by gonzosrevenge55

...only to read the disclaimer at the bottom...basically, we don't do fender or g&l compatable necks.

can you blame him for that mistake? It says they make necks for MUSICMAN, G&L etc, YOU said fender, so dont blame the guy when you screwed up

and take your bass to your local shop, they'll probably take a look for free, and if its anything minor to fix they'll do it for very little charge, if they say you need a new neck, then get a new account on here and BE POLITE, and people might tell you if they have any ideas, or failing that, search for musicman neck in the threads, and u might get lucky.