Ok, so when I play I think my guitar is electrified wierdly. When I touch my elbow on the strings and also on the screws on the very back of the bridge (net necessarily at the same time) I get a little continous shock. I asked the guitar guy at my music store and he said it was a problem with the grounding in my house, but we just had our wiring replaced. It could be because my gear sucks, I won't say the brand (as much as you all would like to know to make fun), but I will say my guitar and amp together cost $100. What do you guys think the problem is? Gear, etc? Hopefully I can use this as a reason for my mom to let me drop $1000 - $2000 on a new guitar and amp

Thanks!
behringer i bet. Its the grounding form the guitar or amp. But if i were you i wuoldnt play the guitar as long as it does that
sounds like you have a grounding problem somewhere, I had that same problem once untill i realized that the surge protector my amp was plugged into had the ground ripped off. i threw that surge protector out, got a new one and it fixed the problem. You need to make sure all of your plugs are grounded and that the ground wire in your guitar isnt touching something it shouldnt be.
You're probably like some kind of new breed of person that can manipulate electricity. But you haven't figured out exactly how to use this power yet, so you're accidentally shocking yourself.

However, if you can't make the lights flicker with mere concentration, check your grounding in the amp and guitar.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
A friend of mine has the answer to this:

JõRÐÄñ says:the guitar cord can't cross the amp cord into the wall
JõRÐÄñ says:if its crossed you'll get shocked
JõRÐÄñ says:i learned that the hard way
Dont play it until you get it fixed, you could end up dead.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
A friend of mine has the answer to this:

JõRÐÄñ says:the guitar cord can't cross the amp cord into the wall
JõRÐÄñ says:if its crossed you'll get shocked
JõRÐÄñ says:i learned that the hard way

that really shouldnt cause problems unless your cables are very poorly insulated which is not only unsafe (in the case of the amps power cable) but can result in horrible tone (in the case of the instrument cable.) but if that is the problem then you need to get new cables for both.
That happens to me sometimes too, when I reach to do something and the back of my elbow touches about where I palm mute, it shocks me a bit. I always thought it was pulling a hair on my arm or something.
Anyone think that it would be problem if I have everything plugged into one outlet? I have two surge protectors, one plugged into the other and then one plugged into the wall. I am pretty much running my computer and guitar (and more) off one outlet. Anyone also think it could be that I have a crap guitar and amp that I have worn out the electronics inside and they are causing electrical problems? I had an ungrounded extension cord in the electronic "chain" that I took out and it still shocks me sometimes.
all of that other crap plugged in shouldnt cause you to be shocked but thats going to cause you to blow a circuit breaker at some point. in any case try plugging directly into the wall and see if that works. if not then its faulty wiring.
Try plugging your amp into a different wall plug. Maybe the grounds in the plug are wired improperly
Quote by The Master Plan
Dont play it until you get it fixed, you could end up dead.

Agreed - It's possible the amp is using your body as a ground. That's a big no-no.

If you just had your house rewired, then your amp is improperly grounded. If your guitar wasn't grounded then it wouldn't shock you, it would produce alot of noise.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer