I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever played acoustic as a street musician?
I have never really done it for money but when i used to get lessons my dad would always be late coming to pick me up and i would wait for him at this local gas station and when i got board i would practice on the street corner.
When i was in the UK i used to take my Djembe (African Drum)on the streets and play, i would always get money, usually around 40-50 UK pounds(Approx $80-$100), dunno if that counts
i played out on a cobblestone bridge last time i went to tennessee. i made over $300. i was next to hard rock cafe, so i got a lot of listeners. it was pretty damn cool. i did it on the second to last day that i was there, so i didnt have to spend any money for the rest of the trip. i went to the mountain mall and bought me some nice boots and a hat.
:stickpoke It's Alive! AHHHHHHH!!!!
pac-man ate my stash

Founder of ZOSO Jimmy Page Fan Club __PM me to join

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Yeah ive done it a few times and made a little bit of cash, I always go to the bohemian artsy area of my town (well actually i live there) and play politacal songs on the street and sometimes take requests, i usually donate most of the money i get to NORML or Drug Policy Alliance.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i play on this bench near an extremely crowded cobblestone walkway in the local zoo...on a good day, i can make over $150, usually people are too rushed to stop and listen...i also met a few chicks that way
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
does the beach count? me and a few friends bring our acoustics to the beach everyday with us. if the surf sucks, we'll just go and sit by the snack bar and jam and play some songs. fun stuff; make some cash. and when it starts to get dark, we normally start up a bit of a bonfire and start playing and it starts out just the group of like 5-7 of us, and at any given poiint we can have 2 dozen people around the fire just chillin and singin along. its just how we roll.
I play my acoustic at the park in Montevallo sometimes. I've never really gotten money from doing it, but it's rather fun.
What do y'all play?
my blog gameruber.blogspot.com
Member #6 of ''Beatlemania is NOT Phony''
Gibson Flying V
New Yourk pro Strat
Big Muf Pi
Jimi Hendrix Wah
Boss PH-3
Vox AD100VT
Boss BF-2 Flanger
Quote by hellview_666
oh brilliant..ive learnt something new thanks man!
I usually played what i wanted...I did it today and the cops told me i was disturbing the peace...lol i dident think i was that bad of a singer
Quote by GsKoRn1
I usually played what i wanted...I did it today and the cops told me i was disturbing the peace...lol i dident think i was that bad of a singer

That's when you break into either JP's "breakin the law" or Ice T's "**** tha police"
I know someone that made like 60 in 2 hours, he says its exhausting because you have to sing so damn loud. I'm gonna do it the next time i go to newburyport, theirs this place on the water, so many people walk buy, and their all loaded!

-andrew
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

yeah, just play for an hour in the yuppie parts of town, and youll be set for life! lol
:stickpoke It's Alive! AHHHHHHH!!!!
pac-man ate my stash

Founder of ZOSO Jimmy Page Fan Club __PM me to join

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join