Ok my amp is starting to crackle and I know its the speaker. I have a Peavey Studio Pro 112 (no, not the EFX version) with a 12 inch Blue Marvel speaker. Im gonna' get this replaced so Im wondering which speaker to get. I play metal but sometimes some warmer stuff (think Guns N' Roses). Should I get the same speaker or something different? Post suggestions below.
For the Celestions: Alnico, Heritage, Classic or the Originals. Which one would best suit me?

Edit: Thinking about getting the Rocket 50 or the Seventy 80. Which one?

Double Edit: Never mind the Rocket 50. The Seventy 80 holds 80 watts of power while the Rocket 50 only holds 50. My amp is 65 watts.
Last edited by altarofdemise at Jul 15, 2006,
No double posting.
And Vintage 30s are meant to be great
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I know because on every setting, every channel. It crackles.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
Quote by altarofdemise
I know because on every setting, every channel. It crackles.

Might be your cable.
Might be your guitar.
Might be your pickups.
Might be your effects.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I took all my effects off. It still crackles. I changed cables and it crackles. I used my other guitar and it crackles.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
But crackling, like staticky crackle, isn't symptomatic of a bad speaker, in my experience. If you said the sound was flabby or farty then I could understand... Hmm... When does the crackle occur?
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jul 16, 2006,
It happens when I play lead. It happens more when I play with more treble.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Quote by altarofdemise
It happens when I play lead. It happens more when I play with more treble.

Maybe you have a bad capicitor or something wrong with the actual workings of the channel... Is the amp under warranty?
Hi, I'm Peter
No, I got it used like 2 years ago.

Edit: Whats a capacitor?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Last edited by altarofdemise at Jul 17, 2006,
Ouch. Well, replacing the speaker is going to be the cheapest thing to try. So give it a shot. Just make sure it's a good upgrade

A capacitor is a really small object that's soldered into a circuit that filters frequencies or otherwise regulates signal flow. You have one in your guitar hooked up to your tone pot.
Hi, I'm Peter
Oh, my guitar works fine. I used it on my bud's amp when he was over jammin' and it nothing was wrong.

Im gonna' get the Celestion Seventy 80, is that a good choice?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I wasn't suggesting it was your guitar. I was just giving you an example. Your amp has several capacitors in it. That's how it's able to EQ specific wavelengths of sound.

And I have no experience with that particular speaker, so I couldn't tell ya. But generally Celestion makes great products.
Hi, I'm Peter
So if I get a new speaker and it still crackles, I need new capacitors? How much would that cost?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Well, if you get a new speaker and it still crackles, you know it's something besides the speaker, the cord, and the guitar. I was suggesting a capacitor because you said especially treble on the lead channel. It could be a dirty pot. I don't really know. You'd have to take it to a guitar shop and have it repaired. By the way, unless you have experience doing electronics, don't try doing work on the insides of your own amp. It could kill you, even unplugged
Hi, I'm Peter
Alright, thanks. Your so helpful. They should Mod you.
Quote by DoTheEvolution